Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever makes and sells products under more than 1,000 brand names worldwide. Two billion people use them on any given day. For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth’s resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
The Covington factory is a 24/7 high paced dynamic work environment. We achieve goals through collaborative cross functional teams. We are committed to developing leaders equipped to handle challenges across the company.
The purpose of the Klondike Front Line Manager is to manage the operations team in the safe and quality delivery of finished goods across the shift they are leading.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Night Shift Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the safety and effectiveness of all operators and operations in the Factory. You will work as a trusted guide to plant management for all production related queries.
As a liaison for the management team, you will drive execution of the production plans for a shift of approximately 40-50 employees.
You will be a teacher to the team and enable them to perform their roles in compliance with our standards.
You will be expected to drive strategic initiatives that improve the performance of your department and support the performance of your colleagues.
You will provide a common standard of communication and engagement across the factory as you work closely with core factory functions such as Manufacturing, HR, Quality and Safety to achieve this.
Other skills and responsibilities:
- Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication
- Technical - Effective mechanical skills supported by detailed knowledge of the end to end manufacturing processes relevant to their job.
- Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment.
- Facilitation, Coaching, Discipline - Ability to facilitate technical improvements using World Class Manufacturing (WCM) improvement tools. Able to coach Operators and teams to increase team performance.
- Decision Making - Makes governance decisions for team and resolves unresolved team issues.
- Continuous Improvement - Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Quality - Apply core knowledge of Quality skills; Quality Measurement, Prioritization, Improvement, Assessment and Certification etc to sustain Quality standards in the factory operation.
- Management - Able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. Keen sense of prioritization and ability to influence change. Resolve conflicts where identified.
- Administration - Timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams; shift rosters, pay, performance, training and safety. Liaise with Sourcing Unit leads to ensure policy compliance.
- Planning and Organizing - Prepare work plans within resource constraints and review implementation to drive improvement.
- Business Awareness - Understand the business needs for change and innovation
- You’re a born leader:you seek fresh opportunities, insist on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering best possible outcome while collaborating with the team.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:You believe in taking the lead versus following, you have a positive attitude about the problems and want the best outcome for company and people.
- You’re a changemaker:you know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You’re a paradox navigator:You work through complex scenarios to maintain the highest standards of safety while providing practical solutions and support for implementation.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Your focus, leadership and collaborative nature will be a huge positive contributor to the success in this role. You adapt to change and communicate clearly and effectively across all tiers of organization. You have experience in establishing and maintaining relationships on all levels of the business, while creating a culture of safety, quality and operational excellence.
3+ years of Manufacturing experience
Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Business/Management preferred
Warehouse/Logistics experience (not required, but a plus)
SAP and WMS system experience (not required, but a plus)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us