Unilever is proud of its tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential and renamed it to ekaterra to facilitate its separation to a standalone entity. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Unilever is reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. Unilever will retain the tea businesses in India, Nepal and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 13 production factories in 4 continents and tea growing estates in 3 countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Main Purpose of the role:
The Quality Specialist is a key figure in a manufacturing organization, as s/he focuses on the customer requirements. Based on these, his role is to manage Quality Management System, Food Safety Management, and process control in order to deliver world class quality products to the consumers all over the globe consistently.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
- Quality and Food safety management systems documentations including the manuals, SOPS, Standards, and records
- Analysis of Quality and Food safety non-conformances, identify the root causes and implement and verify the corrective actions
- Maintain the factory and personal hygiene at Unilever standard
- Analysis of Material related issues, identify the root cause and develop the suppliers
- Manage the Global quality requirements of Unilever
- Manage the customer complaints
- Manage external Audits of QMS and FSMS
- Manage External Lab Analysis, Calibrations, Trainings etc
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying the process, product and manufacturing methods.
- Define and maintain the optimum process parameters to ensure the maximum efficiency of equipment and production in accordance with the quality standards set by the company and the technical conditions.
- Develop and maintain instructions and standard operating procedures for production operators.
- Analyze the causes of process failure, loss of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products as well as poor quality products or incidents in quality. Takes part in the development of measures to prevent and eliminate them in the production process, as well as in consideration of incoming complaints for products.
- Participate in conducting trial and industrial tests of new types of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products.
- Participate / lead improvement projects, study WCM tools and apply them in practice in improvement projects.
- Provide suggestions and solutions during incident investigations.
- Participate in the HACCP program, develops measures to reduce risks and guarantee consumer safety in the unit.
- Participate in the training of production operators.
- Develop and maintain a reporting system and working documentation regarding the production process.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Problem solving
- Team commitment
- Packaging and process engineering
- Process expertise
- Reliability principles
- Technical problem solving/troubleshooting
- ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000
- 4M projects
- Quality and Food safety Management System
- Factory experience (preferable)
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us