Job Title: Global Senior Business Analyst
Unilever is one of the world’s largest suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
About Data & Analytics: (D&A)
D&A has a purpose to make Unilever Data Intelligent by powering key conclusions with data & advanced AI.
The vision of a Future-Fit Unilever is of an organisation powered by data throughout all aspects of the company’s operations and processes; leveraging data to vastly improve innovation and build stronger brands, drive excellence in execution with our customers, enhance the consumer experience through personalisation and deeper engagement, and transforming our internal operations to run more efficiently.
Our team of D&A specialists operate in every part of our business and we are looking to grow our capabilities with tomorrow's stars. A unique opportunity to work in a D&A role, with one of the strongest FMCG brands in the world, giving you the ability to link your work directly with business growth, and working on cutting edge technology in an innovative environment. Your role will have direct impact on Unilever’s purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace.
About Your Role:
This role supports and leads the ideation, implementation, landing & the change management/activation of predictive analytics capabilities in the identified markets/functions/Country Category Business Teams as applicable partnering with the markets stakeholders and key business SMEs leveraging the support from 3rd party supplier partners as applicable.
This role will require an understanding of the Performance management process and how to drive business outcomes.
Key Areas of Focus:
· Ownership of the deployment of Unilever predictive insights capabilities in new markets & establish the proof of value.
· Spearhead engagements with Country Category Business Teams in markets to understand the category context & align on the right levels at which predictive models need to be built to unlock data motivated conclusions.
· Passionate about data and the adoption of ML/AI insights into day-to-day business conclusions.
· Create compelling user stories with consumable Predictive capability insights for the market from the modelling results and enable deployment.
· Drive value from insights by leveraging the right mix of external data (Retailer, Econometric, Panel etc) & various internal data sources and provide support on market specific data needs.
· Interface across multiple teams including across country business teams, data experts, Data Science, key business counterparts and align on data, modelling and activation needs.
· Actively support Proof of Concepts with key brands in chosen markets by bringing together the rich experience across diverse markets,
· Manage queries and expectations from market champions.
· Actively embed insights gained from predictive capabilities into market processes to smoothly transition and advance the program from PoC to the run mode/steady state.
· Explore data industrialization opportunities to launch the Predictive Application at scale. Assess value unlock from the product to build a strong business case for scale out to more brands and categories.
· Review and deploy product backlog with help of requisite teams and support product testing.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded analytics and data professional. They will have a deep knowledge of operations and the value chain in a consumer goods company, that is complemented by application of AI, ML, data management, data strategy or business information intelligence, and emerging technologies required to deliver a world class data predictive service.
· Experience in business engagement, advanced D&A product management with compelling story telling skills.
· With an understanding of application of data science for business needs. A functional understanding across Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Media domains is desirable.
· Experience of working in an environment rich in ML compelled deliveries to business.
· A track record of working with business stakeholders to support definition, alignment, and guidance for application of data science and data to address complex business issues
· In-depth expertise on Data ecosystems and ability to unearth the data signals from legacy source systems.
· Deep understanding of Data and Integration in the Data Lifecycle management
· Comfortable working in a virtual environment
· D&A Product Lifecycle Management
· Hands-on Predictive & Modelling work
· Business Intelligence
· Data Visualisation
· Business Acumen
· Data domain knowledge
· Personal drive and ability to inspire and engage others towards action
· Someone always bringing the best of themselves any others
· Agile – curious, constantly looking to develop, embraces change with sense of urgency and enjoys looking to grown and improve,
· Credible business acumen – shows understanding of business, commercials and performance metrics. Has gravitas to effectively influence senior stakeholder within a functional and business context
· Encourages experimentation, bringing the outside in, and intelligent risk taking
· Brings the voice of the consumer and internal customer into everything they do
· Passion for high performance – creating motivation.
What We Offer:
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
“By clicking “apply” you will be joining our talent network through which we will be in touch about opportunities for this role in the future.”
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us