Job Title: User Experience Manager
Location: UK or EU
Unilever is one of the world’s largest suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
About Data & Analytics: (D&A)
D&A has a purpose to make Unilever Data Intelligent by powering key conclusions with data & advanced AI.
The vision of a Future-Fit Unilever is of an organisation powered by data throughout all aspects of the company’s operations and processes; leveraging data to vastly improve innovation and build stronger brands, drive excellence in execution with our customers, enhance the consumer experience through personalisation and deeper engagement, and transforming our internal operations to run more efficiently.
Our team of D&A specialists operate in every part of our business and we are looking to grow our capabilities with tomorrow's stars. A unique opportunity to work in a D&A role, with one of the strongest FMCG brands in the world, giving you the ability to link your work directly with business growth, and working on cutting edge technology in an innovative environment. Your role will have direct impact on Unilever’s purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace.
About Your Role:
We are currently seeking for a talented User Experience Manager to join D&A. The successful candidate
will work closely with the development and product teams to build engaging user experiences for D&A
products. This will be a hands-on position with a 50/50 split between leadership and design.
· Develop effective and well-branded user experience throughout multiple information products
· Design thinking mindset; creating user flows, wireframes, and design mock-ups
· Ability to synthetize the business inputs and translate it into data product concepts
· This role is responsible for maintaining and rolling out the UX standards for the D&A team
· This role is also pivotal to align the existing products’ Front End with the UX standards as per
agreed plan with stakeholders.
· Works closely with the other team members and vendors to ensure that the UX standards and
enhancements are also applied on platform and its constituent elements as applicable
· Guide & Mentor teams of user experience designers both internal and 3rd party
· Help UI/UX Designers grow their skills and experience
· Create a strategy for ‘extended UX team’ to support various products and projects in the
· Communicate design strategy and concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences
and varying levels of the organization
· Present design solutions to partners and senior management
· Communicate with users to understand their business goals, objectives, pain points and
· Interpret user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
Extensive experience designing and delivering technology products. It would be beneficial of you are able to demonstrate a portfolio with your own UI designs and data visualisation
Working experience in Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
Ability to use and apply modern design guidelines/principles (HIG, Material Design)
Creating responsive interfaces for cross-device experience
Building interactive prototypes
Working experience in Office 365 (Excel/Access), PowerBI and Tableau
Basic awareness of leading Business Intelligence platforms and tools
Basic awareness of Web Dev Frameworks
Basic awareness of Software development cycle/QA/Testing
Working experience in Data Analysis
Working experience in Data Visualization
What We Offer:
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
“By clicking “apply” you will be joining our talent network through which we will be in touch about opportunities for this role in the future.”
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us