Background & Purpose of the Job
As an Associate Innovation Planning Manager on the Ice Cream US team, you will be instrumental in the category’s ability to launch key innovations to market on time and in full. The Associate Innovation Planning Manager will act as the business partner in processes that are executed in close cooperation with Marketing, R&D, Sales, Finance, Category Management and other Supply Chain Functional teams.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Manage the innovation project plans from Pre-Start/Kick-off, through to implementation and post launch evaluation. This is achieved through helping to scope the project, defining activities and timings required to ensure capability is in place, and then following up on these timings throughout the project
- Manage the overall project networks, via MS project, coordinate inputs from all functions and hold individuals accountable for the delivery of their activities to ensure the project remains on time
- Ensure that the Supply Chain has the necessary capacities and capabilities to produce the innovations for all assigned sourcing sites
- Manage communication with all key project stakeholders and with global and regional innovation planners
- Coordinate required inputs to the business case for the innovation projects in terms of capital expenditure and SCC drivers, working closely with the global Procurement, Finance, Planning and Engineering teams
- Prepare all gate documents and decision papers as inputs into the Unilever Innovation Project Management process for all assigned innovation projects
- Ensure delivered Quality for the innovations; maintaining Unilever safety standards
- Own and maintain the overall project networks for new variants and new hardware projects, as required to ensure “on time in full” delivery; by working closely with R&D, Marketing, Finance, Procurement, T&E, Quality and factories
- Co-lead risk assessments, and make sure action plans are embedded in the project timeline
- Support complexity reduction activities and sourcing analysis for the innovation projects, by working closely with Strategic Planning and Finance
You’re a born leader: You will have the opportunity to lead meetings with cross-functional team members and drive decisions to achieve one common goal
You’re a dot connector: You will work with your cross functional partners to develop timelines; understanding when key actions are needed and how the project team will navigate to successfully meet launch ambition
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will face several hurdles throughout the innovation process. You will need to work collaboratively with your cross functional teams to overcome these challenges and successfully delivery your innovations to market.
You’re a changemaker: You influence team members to develop creative solutions when things go off-course, resulting in a different way to execute the project
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply chain, R&D, Engineering preferred)
- 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain (Project Management, Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics) or in R&D with experience on new product development
- Project management skills (working knowledge of MS Project, MS Office)
- Basic appreciation level of how manufacturing works
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us