Background & Purpose of the Job
- IT services global spend is approx. €900M. Areas of the business where IT Sourcing development is required. Works collaboratively in cross-business teams and Interacts with senior level UL stakeholders and functional experts within the business. Works collaboratively with regional & global IP colleagues/leaders and internal stakeholders in all functions across all company levels.
- Is responsible for leading regional and global strategic sourcing activities within the area of spend responsibility, including the definition of the internal customer, needs, insight of supply markets, developing sourcing strategies, activation of supplier selection and negotiation, facilitating supplier implementation and ongoing strategic supplier relationship management.
- Is responsible for IT relationship between IP and assigned UL internal stakeholder community. Is the supply management expert for specified clusters within the area of spend responsibility, identifying opportunities and ensuring service delivery to Unilever business stakeholders and UL business stakeholder conformance to IP processes and contracted commitments?
- Is responsible for the coordination of Regional sourcing projects with the global, regional IT Procurement teams – ensuring a seamless service to the stakeholders.
- Develop and align own work plan, objectives, priorities, and processes within the context of the overall IT supply management and stakeholder community priorities and strategies.
- The candidate will represent IT procurement for the cluster, act as a SPOC for all IT requirements in that cluster and work closely with the global teams to fulfil the demands and requirements.
- Represent IT procurement in cluster, and act as the SPOC for all IT requirements in that cluster
- Lead global and regional strategic sourcing activities to professionalize the sourcing of materials/clusters of external spend within the area of IT spend responsibility.
- Identify, initiate, and sustain direct interactions with appropriate internal stakeholders / functional/operating teams within the business to drive "buying" behavior change required to meet business project objectives and implement the approved sourcing strategies.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis of internal needs. Develop and follow supply market knowledge and insight (e.g., suppliers, price trends, cost drivers, acquisitions & disposals).
- Develop appropriate sourcing strategies for the cluster spend within the area of responsibility.
- Execute the sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and negotiation with suppliers, including crafting and placing legal agreements/contracts and confidentiality agreements and ensuring that all conducted according to Unilever's code of business ethics and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure that supply agreements, commercial terms & conditions, specification information, and pricing information, including changes, are communicated accurately and timely to appropriate operational teams/individuals.
- Enable and facilitate the approved sourcing strategies with relevant functional and operational teams within the business.
- Responsible for ongoing supplier relationship management, monitoring, review and continuous improvement, and leading supplier side of innovation/sustainability/cost savings projects.
- Identify needs for and support business processes' design to facilitate the use of appropriate "buying channels" within the UL stakeholder community.
- Develop a deep understanding of and rigorously apply the Unilever strategic sourcing process and tools, including fully operational and actively using e-Sourcing tools, e.g., e-RFIs, e-RFPs, cost modelling, and others.
- Respond proactively to information demands and questions from supply management operational teams and other internal parties as needed.
- Provide input, influence, and linkage to business transaction tools (as appropriate).
- Have input to develop a Supply Management Team Workplan for the area of responsibility, deliver the required objectives, and develop own strategic sourcing team priorities.
- Participate in or lead Regional/Global Teams (as appropriate) for the area of responsibility.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Gain confidence and credibility within the stakeholder and user communities to help achieve goals, influence change in purchasing behavior of materials/clusters within the scope and overcoming resistance to change of long-established supply relationships.
- Provide business partner services and demonstrating the value of professional supply management approach areas of business that have traditionally “gone it alone”.
- Work across multiple business operating units, each with a different culture, processes and demands.
- Acquire depth of knowledge for IP cluster portfolio of materials/services and suppliers.
- Find the balance between staying connected/engaged with the internal stakeholder needs/business strategy and not being consumed by daily business issues for subsets of internal customers.
- Change UL traditional behavior and view on partnership with supply management and suppliers to drive value & innovation from approaching functional supply markets differently.
- Education - Bachelors degree or equivalent IT education (IT procurement diplomas/certifications)
- At least 5 years general business experience including IT Procurement knowledge and experience
- Appropriate functional business experience/understanding in supply management, finance, or functional area of assigned stakeholder community with a proven track record of strategic sourcing, spend analysis, and IT contracts negotiation.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us