There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement when you consider the sheer scale of what we are seeking to do.
As Unilever Procurement adapts to the ever-dynamic business environment, we will need to be agile in order to continue our track record of delivery in contributing to the top and bottom line. As well as ensuring that we are best in class in delivering the basics, we also have to look to the future and continuously evolve to meet the needs of our changing environment - reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive advantage. And of course, we are only half of the picture. Our suppliers are at the heart of everything we do. We need to work more closely than ever with suppliers to co-create sustainable practices and bigger and better innovations.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing - Agencies Team, which is responsible for Creative Agencies including Digital, Social, PR among others. You will be assigned to a specific portfolio managing agencies end-to-end, including contracting, annual negotiations, and strategic tool rollouts. In parallel you will act as first point of contact for marketing queries in your market. This environment creates opportunities for each team member to step into projects that fit with their skills and personal preferences.
- To be accountable for the development and implementation of one or more Portfolio or Marketing portfolio sourcing strategies. To maintain in scope Marketing Portfolio management and sourcing activities on a day-to-day basis.
- To execute standardized strategic sourcing processes for assigned Marketing Portfolios and focus on cost savings. To build and maintain strong working relationships with Business Partner Teams and user communities in the Business Units.
- To build and maintain relationships with key suppliers in the Marketing Portfolios.
- Be a strong business partner with all key stakeholders to maintain trust and add value to the business.
- This role requires a creative, high energy candidate who demonstrates strength in white space and is comfortable interfacing with and influencing senior leaders to land and implement new business models, delivering business growth and bottom-line impact. Key deliverables include savings and cash delivery, ROI, demand management, and cost avoidance. To deliver, it is essential to quickly learn the respective businesses in coverage, establish credibility with stakeholders, and understand vendor/market capabilities to ensure Unilever is fully leveraging supplier partnerships. As such, SRM/CRM expertise is essential. You must be viewed as a key business partner by internal stakeholders, and as a sharp, challenging steward of Unilever resources by external vendors.
- It will be critical for the successful candidate to understand and unlock the power of digital technology to identify, eliminate, and where possible, automate non-value added processes in both within Unilever procurement, and across the business more broadly. Therefore, an understanding of systems and processes and strong analytical acumen to drive insights and action from data around how we operate is essential.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a strategy guru. With great analytical skills, you are able to do gap analysis and act on the insights found. Working with marketing services, you will be able to find a link between intangible assets and their outcome and determine success, always having a look at the end to end impact.
You’re a storyteller. You are aware of your audience and able to show passion to inform, influence and persuade. Motivate and make others want to take action.
You’re a culture and change champion. You are able to navigate into an ever-evolving environment requiring agile adaptation and reaction.
You’re a dot connector. Working with marketing services procurement, you will be the connector between internal and external stakeholders, making sure that needs are translated and understood correctly and delivered in the best way possible.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of the in scope products and services being managed
- Experience within or in service of the function being supported by procurement
- Capabilities and skills in Strategic Sourcing
- Managing cross geographical teams
- Experience of procurement transformation, change and business engagement
- Experience and knowledge of business models in digital marketing, advertising production, marketing agencies management will be a strong plus
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Unafraid to work with senior stakeholders and key suppliers, supported through excellent communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Strong influencing skills
- Accountability and responsibility
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Bias for action while being able to prioritise
- Strong Analytical skills
- Project management
- Ability and willingness to work in an always changing, performance-oriented environment
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us