Background & Purpose of the Job
The Credit Specialist is responsible for assist with the credit granting process for $12B company. Responsibilities include optimizing company sales and reduce bad debt losses by maintaining the credit policy. Specific activities will include but not limited to new customer review/set up, periodic review of existing customers, managing the bad debt reserve, act as resource to 3rd party collection of assigned receivables, payment compliance analysis, audit compliance, credit and bad debt policy execution and other activities.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Responsibilities could include and not limited to:
- Consumer products credit analysis experience with attendance of trade groups including retail, foodsolutions, Canada and export business areas.
- Responsible to provide support to the 3rd party collections team.
- Process timely release of orders from credit hold; supporting the business while mitigating risk.
- Act as support to Collection Specialist as escalation point.
- Coordinate/consolidate documents from 3rd party for audit monitoring, preparation and resolution.
- Create bad debt reporting and perform sign offs based on TOA (Table of Authority).
- Act as first escalation point for issues, identify possible process improvements and implement appropriate changes.
- Approve new customer set ups, customer master and credit master changes as well as audit reporting changes.
- Monitoring customer risk through third party sources and performance of credit limit updates as required by Credit Policy.
- Assist with testing, escheatment review, and executing M&A integrations.
• You’re a strategy guru: Forward thinking approach to changing internal and external customer behaviors and protect Unilever assets
• You’re a dot connector: Utilize personal insight into complex situations to break existing patterns of working, creating business improvement and growth opportunities
• You’re a story teller: Find the story within the data and persuade others to take action
• You’re a changemaker: Identify, drive and strategically influence other departments within Unilever to understand root cause of late payments and come up with creative solutions to reduce risk while helping promote sales
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years in related field. Skills Specific Strong SAP Skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Internal controls (SOX), consumer products credit management a plus.
Additional Skills: General Accounting ability, collaboration, effective communication, strategic influencing and change management.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us