Background & Purpose of the Job
As a Data Scientist, you will be an integral part of the Information and Analytics team supporting the organization to enhance and drive overall top-line sales growth and profitability. This role will also interface with multiple key stakeholders and functional teams.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for providing insights to the cross-functional business teams leveraging a variety of internal and external data sets, and advance analytic techniques to create value. This role will also interface with multiple stakeholders and teams on a consistent basis to deliver analytic outputs.
You’re a born leader:The ability to gain stakeholder consensus, build coalitions, and present a vision to the broader organization will be crucial for success.
You’re a dot connector: The ability to formulate hypothesis and draw inferences from different cross functional datasets and generate a story of insights is key.
You’re a story teller: You have ability to transform data into insights which provide very clear direction to stakeholders on what actions are needed to drive transformation in the business.
You’re a culture & change champion: Success is dependent upon fostering a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, a strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data. Analyze data, run descriptive statistics, generate prior distributions, explore relationships: correlation, covariance, causality, regression modeling, and build Bayesian Influence diagrams. Must be hands-on and must have worked on implementing data mining algorithms, work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. Strong experience in Data Visualization, Presentation and Story Telling. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Partner with business, Data Scientists, and Engineers to create POCs/Pilots, demonstrate thought leadership and generate marketing insights.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., Applied Science, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another analytical field)
- A minimum of 1-2 years of data science experience
- Expertise in Machine Learning (ML), Data Science, AI, and Data Mining is required.
- Expertise in Data Wrangling, Engineering, Exploratory data analysis using statistics and programing
- Expertise in ML algorithms such as PCA, LASSO, RIDGE, SVM, Bayesian, Random Forest, Boosting, Clustering, ARMA, Time Series modeling, Generalized Linear Models, Regression Models, Neural Networks, RNN, CNN, and LSTM is required
- Expertise in building models using Python, PySpark, Scala, SQL, R
- Active listening skills and deep analytical ability are required
- A passion for excellence and exceeding customer expectations is required
- PhD in a related field (e.g. Applied Science, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another analytical field)
- Consumer goods experience
- Preferred experience in Classification, Forecasting, Anomaly detection, Outliers analysis, Optimization, Trends analysis, Bayesian inference, Time-Series methods (ARMA/ARIMA), Markovian processes
- Preferred experience in Java, C++, SAS, SPSS, Azure, Big Data, AWS
- Preferred experience in Text Mining and Natural Language Programming (NLP)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us