Background & Purpose of the Job
Digital has disrupted not only how we “advertise” our brands, but also the way that people interact with our retailers/brands along with new buying behavior (online/offline). As a Customer Development (CD) organization, we need to understand, embrace and act accordingly in this digitally driven and changing world and operate differently so that we can serve and win with the connected shopper.
As a result of the Covid-19 crisis there has been a step change in eCommerce penetration that has accelerated channel growth. Omnichannel customers have been in the forefront of this change, and this business model is year-to-date the biggest eCommerce growth contributor. Unilever is currently in a change journey to design and embed Design for eCommerce (D4E) Omni thinking across markets and functions. Accelerating this agenda, starting with CD, has become one of the top priorities within global eCommerce.
The Global Omnichannel Team works to transform the way we work internally to respond to the market Omni shift creating integrated shopping experiences regardless of the channel.
This will be achieved through the following:
- Defining the Global Omni Strategy: Where to Play & How to Win choices
- Acting as Omni accelerators at divisional, functional and market level
- Co-creating & piloting Omni repeatable models that can be scaled
This role is about speeding up that change journey as follows:
- Supporting the local teams in the Americas (US / CA / Latam) in the definition of their Omni strategies, designing new Omni capabilities and helping embed them locally
- Cross-pollinating insights from the Americas to the rest of the world and vice versa to unlock untapped growth initiatives
The main goal is to serve the markets to drive faster sustainable growth across Omni.
- Own the Omni global – local relationship with a key focus in the US
- Understand the local retail landscape in depth and stay updated of any new relevant local developments
- Lead the Omni collaboration with the Walmart International Team
- Co-create new Omni Models that can be scaled with “glocal” cross functional squads (Marketing, Media, Supply Chain, R&D, IT) and pilot them in key US cells
- Share key learnings and recommendations to win by Omni Modality (e.g., Rapid Delivery) in the region across local teams, divisions and functions
- Co-define the regional “Share & Learn” agenda together with the local Omni teams and support in their deploying efforts
- Co-create the global Omni Strategy with the rest of the global Omni team bringing in the interests and needs of the Americas
- Co-create the D4E Omni framework with the rest of the Omni Global team (i.e., future iterations of the Omni Playbook)
- Work with CMI to uncover superior insights that lead to new growth via understanding the consumer/shopper paths to purchase and how Unilever can win in that context
- Lead the global Omni Community of Practice to cross-pollinate learnings and best practices across regions through the lenses of the Customer Economic Model (penetration/frequency/basket size/margin/operational efficiencies)
- Co-create the Omni capability plan to raise the floor of the CD Community globally and raise the ceiling of the local CD Leadership & Omni leads
- Design learning solutions, in collaboration with eConsultancy, to cover the CD skills and capability gaps in the Omni space
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- CD experience is required (Shopper / Category Management / Customer Marketing / Account Management) with customer facing experience being very positively considered
- eCommerce experience, ideally within Omni
- A good understanding of the US Omni / Pure Play ecosystems is desirable
- The following experiences are highly valued: working experience across the Americas, Learning & Development and Performance Marketing
- Ability to articulate your thinking and communicate fluently in English
- Relationship building ability, internal and external networking
- eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- Ability to prioritize and drive action
- Strategic thinking and influencing
- Financial acumen
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us