The SHE Operations Coordinator – North America is responsible for supporting all Safety, Health and Environmental (“SHE”) management, compliance programs, and data management for the North American SHE group. This includes managing the Safety, Health and Environment Positive Assurance Review (“PAR”) process for the cluster, EPR data management and reporting, and generation of all requisite corporate reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis, supporting the corporate SHE and Framework Standards (“FWS”) Audit program and serving generally as a SHE resource for all manufacturing and non-manufacturing locations in North America. This includes providing requisite training and support to the North American SHE community on all SHE data management systems (Airsweb, SPR and EPR, ISN, SharePoint, etc.) and support in other SHE related projects (LOTO, Risk Assessments, etc.) as well as follow-up on compliance of audit points and other SHE corporate programs. Additionally, the successful candidate shall be responsible for developing and implementing SHE programs and guidance throughout North America, including but not limited to BeSafE, WCM Safety Pillar, Unilever FWS and Safe Travel.
Additionally, the Senior SHE Leader – North America has overall responsibility for driving SHE improvement activities to achieve SHE excellence at the Englewood Cliffs campus and related facilities (700, 800 and 940 Sylvan Avenue, Cresskill warehouse, etc.). The successful candidate shall be responsible for organizing the activities of site SHE teams and developing the overall site strategy and action plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE performance with the goal of reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured by SHE KPIs. Responsibilities shall include all requisite internal and external SHE reporting for the Englewood Cliffs campus, management of SHE compliance activities, development and implementation of the site FWS management system, managing all SHE and Security PAR reporting and ensuring closure of all action items arising out of any internal or external SHE/FWS audits, SHE PAR, regulatory citation or other compliance activity, implementation of a SHE Communication plan at the site. The Senior SHE Leader – North America shall also determine all training needs for the Englewood Cliffs campus, including but not limited to New Hire SHE Orientation, Contractor SHE Orientation, BeSafE training and other SHE training, and ensure successful and timely delivery.
- Drive deployment of and full compliance with Unilever Standards, including Framework Standards, across the cluster in both manufacturing and non-manufacturing.
- Ensure that action plans made to close gaps related to SHE PAR, SHE Compliance and FWS audits or as a result of regulatory oversight are appropriate and completed on time throughout the cluster.
- Coordinate with all manufacturing and non-manufacturing North American sites for accurate safety and environment data input on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Collect the leading indicator metrics for Safety, Health, Environmental, PSM and Security on a monthly basis
- Support Risk Assessment & other SHE support activities throughout the cluster and ensure appropriate action plans are implemented.
- Assist in the delivery of training programs to build new capabilities in the cluster.
- Support accurate reporting of all SHE data throughout the cluster and report on progress in the cluster.
- Maintain the Occupational Safety(OS), Environmental Performance Reporting (EPR) and Positive Assurance Review(PAR) databases
- Serve as primary contact with Enterprise Support for all reporting
- Take lead in development of new databases (i.e. Safety Observation, Audit Tracking and Incident Investigation)
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards at the Englewood Cliffs campus to achieve excellent sustainable results.
- Drive the SHE teams responsible to deliver SHE results in Englewood Cliffs.
- Ensure all SHE risk assessments are carried out and develop/implement appropriate controls.
- Reduce the Englewood Cliffs site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water and energy consumption in accordance with KPIs.
- Lead the site Safety and Environmental Pillars in accordance with ManEx.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever BeSafE Program and ensure deployment in Englewood Cliffs.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership at the Englewood Cliffs site.
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on SHE legal requirements and implement all relevant procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health in Englewood Cliffs.
- Assist the Englewood Cliffs leadership to develop and lead the internal crisis, emergency response and SHE committees.
- Ensure timely reporting of all SHE incidents in Englewood Cliffs and ensure robust investigations of incidents.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all SHE data for Englewood Cliffs and conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits to drive SHE excellence at the Englewood Cliffs site.
- Determine training needs at Englewood Cliffs and ensure delivery of training programs.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us