Background & Purpose of the Job
The role will be responsible for leading and driving strategic programs in the North America Logistics organization, in close partnership with the Supply Chain & IT Organization. You’ll be focused on developing robust mechanisms to assist in digitizing Supply Chain through integration, training, testing and support plans for advanced Transportation processes. The scope of this role will reach across all categories and touch all functions in organization.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
The Logistics Development Specialist will be responsible for identification and implementation of strategic initiatives, projects and programs, to reach the expected cost efficiency aligned to Supply Chain Strategy ambition, through the deployment of strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives, with focus on Transport.
The Logistics Development Specialist partners closely with the NA Logistics team, IT, and providers to drive operation performance improvements using technology, business process and continuous improvement.
- You’re a changemaker: You think differently, challenge the status quo on how we operate and deliver results as an organization. You are able to influence top management and internal stakeholders. You navigate change in a seamless and confident manner, encouraging others around you to do the same.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will strategize within the organization and find best possible solution. You listen to your stakeholders needs and provide workable solutions in line with corporate objectives.
- You’re curious and creative: This white space excites you. You will research and bring in new approaches to support the developing strategy.
- You’re a dot connector: You are an enthusiastic individual who is able to connect people and processes across the entire logistics organization to enable holistic logistics strategies come to life
- You’re a born leader: You lead and take ownership of your area of responsibility as the strategy maker. You are also a team player and a positive influence at work.
- You’re a story teller: You understand our business and want to improve logistics, you need to be a compelling story teller so everyone understands why this is so important.
Accountability overview (including, but not limited to):
- Identify process or system innovation opportunities for Transport Operations.
- Define and help enforce system best practices via a combination of gap analysis, audits, user groups, 3rd party supplier partnerships.
- Challenge status quo with accountability and change management within Unilever and 3rd party suppliers.
- Deploy strategic key capabilities and expertise such as benchmarking, cost to serve, design to distribute, Automation etc.
- Lead & implement strategic and transformational projects as results of capabilities deployment
- Lead innovation in Logistics Transport, including deployment of Digital capabilities and Automation.
- Develop, follow up and implement medium terms VIP pipeline and projects.
- Lead Unilever Sustainable Living Program Agenda for Transport
- Develop new procedures and policies
- Other process responsibilities include:
- Interpreting data and drawing insights from SAP, OTM, WMS, transactional information
- Supporting the monthly publishing of various KPI metrics
- Facilitating the collaboration & communities of practice between plants /DC’s/ Supply Chain Planning
- Monitoring and driving the process and utilization of system best practices for Plants/DCs.
- Key deliverables: Logistics Cost per ton and cost as % of turnover reduction,
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
The ideal candidate must be a thought leader with a demonstrated ability to lead strategic programs and change management and sustainable improvement projects. This role will require approximately 20% travel.
You’ll need to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Transportation processes and logistics processes with required System Support Activity. Fully Operational on JDA, SAP ECC, & OTM.
- Experience working within a large transportation provider is preferred
- A history of designing and deploying process improvement projects that deliver significant efficiency gains is desired
- High competency in analytics and the ability to interpret and communicate complex data sets
- A strong aptitude for motivating and influencing teams at all levels without direct reporting authority
- Proficiency in MS Office with strength in MS Excel and Power Point
- Automotive / ecommerce environments preferred.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us