R&D Scratch Cooking Chef – World Flavors
Line Manager: Christopher Bilyk
Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever Nutrition, we have a vision to be a World-Class Force for Good in Food. With our 100 Nutrition brands in 190 countries, we strive for a food system that cares for our people and our planet, from farm to fork, ensuring a world where food can be nutritious, delicious, and accessible to all.
Chefmanship has been recognized as a differentiating capability, key for Unilever in winning in the marketplace, with quality products and applications. As a member of our world class Chefmanship team, you will be responsible for the Innovation/Renovation of our products, creation of winning selling stories and design of recipes that inspire our consumers.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You love to win and have fun doing it: You will be responsible for the culinary quality and innovative application of the brand product portfolio in North America, with key focus within the growing Hispanic market in the U.S. and emerging Indian, Asian and Middle Eastern markets in Canada. You will create culinary content (recipes, demos, tips etc.) with focus on affordability, nutrition, and flavor excitement for the many!
- You’re a storyteller: You will be a Brand Ambassador, attending customer meetings, public relation events, industry tradeshows etc. Some travel is required. Typically, 1-2 trips per month averaging 1-2 overnights per trip. U.S Passport is required as travel will include trips to our Toronto, CA office. Some PR, conference or customer events may take place over a weekend. Typically, 1-3 times per year.
- You’re a paradox navigator: You provide culinary expertise, local/authentic culinary knowledge, and insights. In addition, working in partnership with the development team, you ensure that authentic taste and quality expectations are met, and provides input to the assessment of the competitive set and culinary insights into brand strategy. The position requires application of technical knowledge and scientific methodologies including bench top formulation, experimental design, analytical methods, statistical procedures as well as data analysis.
- You’re a dot connector: The position works in conjunction with broader R&D teams including Process Engineers, Packaging Engineers, CTI (Consumer Technical Insights), Microbiology, Material Experts, Data & Digital, Nutrition, Label Compliance, Technical Project Leaders (TPLs) and most importantly our Global Network of Chefs. Building strong relationships with all cross-functional teams is key to success in this role. Finding new and innovative ways of reaching the end goal requires all team members to function in unison and agree to take calculated risks
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Fully Operational in Fundamental Cooking Skills
- Working Knowledge of World Cuisine, Especially Majoring in Authentic Mexican, minoring in Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian.
- Very good presentation and demonstration skills
- Translate local consumer, customer, and market insights into recipe prototypes.
- Communicative – able to communicate and sell ideas
- Able to gather information from different sources (local and regional) and translate those into business relevant insights and foresights.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Teaching skills.
- Basic computer usage including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- A Passion for High Performance and an Agile Mindset
Work Level 1C: Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. Bonus: This position is bonus eligible. Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible. Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us