Background & Purpose of the Job
Do you always think to yourself, "if only they'd done 'X', this experience would be so much better," But more importantly, you just get pumped about giving the user the best possible experience.
The work is fast-paced and large in scope; an opportunity for anyone who flourishes while collaborating to build innovative digital applications that reach millions of customers transacting billions of dollars worldwide. On our team, you'll partner with some of the industry's most hardworking, creative, and innovative partners, from content strategists and CX researchers to digital product owners and programmers. The work demands a healthy respect for the contributions of each of these subject areas and a commitment to applying a user-centered design methodology to delivering best-in-class solutions.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
In this role you will be responsible for delivering UX design solutions for the Integrated Operations team which is focused on delivering tools and processes that make it easier for our customers to work with Unilever and make it easier for our people to work at Unilever.
- The UX Designer has a command of user-centered research and design practices, promoting empathy and understanding of users when creating intuitive, easy-to-use products.
- Build user flows, wireframes, design comps, and prototypes that exhibit a proficiency in user-centered design practices
- Partner with expertise leads to define comprehensive customer journeys for target client persona and conduct research and testing
- Demonstrate a bold vision for excellence in interactive tools and processes with a dedication to evolving our customer and client experience
- Consults with leaders and subject matter experts regularly on communications and content strategies. Applies advanced subject matter expertise to pitch new ideas and find creative ways to tell compelling stories. Utilizes metrics and analytics.
- Provides creative direction and guidance on messaging and/or content strategy across mediums by working closely and collaboratively with designers, developers, technology managers, and business leaders. Leads the creation of new approaches or processes with a 1-3 year outlook.
- Conducts Design Thinking exercises as needed.
- Has intimate understanding of users by conducting NPS surveys and hosting user feedback sessions in partnership with leaders and subject matter experts. Utilizes metrics and analytics.
- Work with developers to determine feasibility and performance considerations
- Must be highly innovative and encourage dedication to a higher standard
- Solutions oriented with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing requirements and conditions.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in human-centered design, user experience, information architecture, marketing, information systems, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience as a UX Designer at an agency, retail or consumer goods company
- 1-2 years experience in consumer goods
- Experience crafting end-to-end customer journeys, user flows, wireframes, screen comps, and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Axure and InVision preferred
- Experience in an e-commerce, media, or start-up environment with short interval release cycles is a plus
- Best-practices knowledge of WC3 and other web design standards
- Excellent understanding of usability/user centered design, UX methodology, interactive design principles, web accessibility, and corporate branding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hunger to learn multiple lines of business
- Solutions oriented with the ability to shift focus to new projects quickly based on changing business requirements and priorities
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us