OB TITLE Shift Engineer
LOCATION Gloucester Factory
To ensure the production facility is operating at optimum speed and efficiency producing excellent quality product by maintaining, repairing, improving plant and equipment.
The role is based in Gloucester, a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, home to the production of the country’s beloved ice-creams such as Magnum and Wall’s
- Ensure Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed on all tasks and improvements
- To ensure H&S compliance relating to maintenance tasks
- Ensure statutory maintenance activities are planned and managed effectively.
- Perform risk assessment as appropriate
- Take part in regular inspections/audits for good housekeeping/6S and machine safety and ensure agreed action are completed
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with FFSC standards for food manufacturing
- Diagnose and carry out mechanical repairs, modifications, machine upgrades and installation.
- Focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, waste and cost.
- Undertake PM tasks utilising skills and experience to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Carry out problem solving and diagnostic checks on mechanical and process equipment recommending changes and improvements.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Instrumentation and Control Skills: Demonstrate understanding of Programme Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Manage PLCs and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
- Improve reliability of machines with engineering solutions
- Improve performance of machines by development of maintenance tasks
- Fault finding and being able to quickly get to root cause of the problem
- Eliminate repeated faults.
Lead small improvement projects
- Suggest and develop improvements using the Kaizen process
- Document solutions achieved.
- Communicate problems, solutions, and options clearly
- Inform all relevant people
- Draw information from internal and external sources.
- Document all repairs and changes to equipment in line with company procedures
- Keen to coach, develop and motivate others
- Identify regular maintenance tasks that can generally be done by others
Open to self-development
- Actively monitor and develop own skills and competencies in line with requirements
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Relevant years of practical experience in electrical/mechanical/control engineering
- Good communication skills
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in engineering
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and data from different sources and media
- Ability to fault find on electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic machinery
- Experience in a frontline maintenance role in a 24/7 FMCG facility
- Training in learn manufacturing tools and techniques
- Programme Logic Control qualifications (Siemens S5/Siemens S7/Alan Bradley)
Please apply via this portal as e-mail applications may not be processed and include your Future Fit Plan if possible.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information or reasonable adjustments to allow you to present your best self during this process, please contact your Talent Partner Wes Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self. To find out more, including about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Unilever | Unilever.
Relocation to the UK
Please be aware if you are applying for this role from outside the UK, if successful, your application will be treated as a self-initiated Change Location Outside of Country (CLOC) transfer. This means any relocation costs must be self-funded with the potential to reclaim some specific pre-approved expenses up to £5,000. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you have any questions.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us