Background & Purpose of the Job
Our Unilever Hammond, IN facility is the home of the Dove Beauty bar, one of Unilever's biggest brands and the largest soap factory within the US. Our Hammond facility is where we have been working to make beauty a source of confidence by manufacturing the different variations of the Dove beauty bar. By joining our Hammond team, you will join a globally recognized site, that is also famous for being able to produce a billion bars in one year.
As the Instrumentation/Electrical Technician, under minimal direction of management or other employees, would safely perform and guide the repair, replacement, installation, inspection, enhancement, optimization, testing and troubleshooting of all facilities, processing and/or production equipment.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- All activities must be performed in strict compliance with Unilever standards and safety guidelines.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Routines including accurate, complete, and timely follow-up documentation. This documentation includes computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
- Perform equipment repairs/replacements including accurate, complete and timely follow-up documentation including computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc. Effectively use hand/power tools and shop equipment.
- Effectively work with managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate completion of services. This includes coordination of activities to ensure minimal disruption of production schedules and workflow.
- Move and operate various equipment including but not limited to forklift, highlift, etc.
- Define, select, requisition and expedite parts and materials while following approved procedures. Inspect used parts to determine the mode of failure and recommend countermeasures to prevent future problems. Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment.
- Effectively communicate with others by presenting information, responding to questions, and seeking feedback/input.
- Effectively works and participates in a team environment.
- Actively participate and/or lead in project initiatives and selected cross-functional teams as approved.
- Required staying up to date on emerging technologies and techniques relating to area(s) of expertise.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent in experience
- Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3+ years of verifiable electrical maintenance experience.
- Extensive controls, PLC’s and automation knowledge and experience
- Considerable experience with drives and high voltage is also required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems is a plus.
- Effective troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Must be proficient with using electrical measuring devices (multimeters, amprobes, meggers etc.) and electrical schematics to determine the source of the problem.
- Must be able to display manual dexterity and perform all physical demands as outlined in the job description.
- Understand and follow all GMP/Plant Hygiene and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Basic personal computer knowledge with an aptitude to learn software programs.
- Complete understanding of basic safety procedures. Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must have ability to work in a team/group.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth| Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits| Every Voice Matters| Global Reach| Life at Unilever| Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs| Check Out Our Space| Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check, Credit check, and background investigation.
Employment may subject to verification of Motor Vehicle Records check.
To receive communication about your application, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us