JOB TITLE: Assistant Marketing Manager North Asia
JOB LOCATION: Hongkong/ Taiwan/ Japan
RELOCATION TERMS: Local terms
UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL IS…
Unilever International (UI) is an alternative but complimentary route to market, servicing white space opportunities not exploited by local operating countries. This is amongst Unilever’s fastest growing global business unit with 8 hubs (Singapore, US, UK, Korea, India, Dubai, France and the Philippines) with a diverse range of products, with expertise in utilizing 3rd party distributors and consolidators to reach consumers in over 75 countries.
We treat the business as our own. We introduce Unilever’s brands into geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE…
The Marketing Manager based in North Asia (Hong Kong/Taiwan) will play a key and strategic role in accelerating the North Asia business unit via Unilever International. Key markets scope includes Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan. You will be leveraging digital and shopper marketing to build brands rapidly, partner with local and global brand teams to analyse the market and lead the cross functional UI teams to land innovations in market fast with impact.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop disruptive best in class digital and marketing plans for key brand launches led by Unilever International such as Simple, Timotei, Lifebuoy, Hellmann’s
- Supporting Marketing Manager in refining the digital strategy, defining key channels and their role in engaging consumers with the brands
- Developing content to fuel the brand presence and consumer engagement in social media and driving brand’s relevance and position in search
- Brand implementation plan and owner/custodian
- Share best practice and learnings with wider UI marketing team
Business Performance Analysis & Planning
- Support the local business development managers to ensure On-Time-In-Full delivery of all key strategic projects hitting iTO & market share targets
- Monthly Business Reporting and Brand Seeding reviews
- Annual Joint Business Planning with Distributors
White Space Expansion Lead
- Market Evaluations & Analysis on White Space opportunities across the big categories: Beauty Personal Care, Home Care and Foods & Refreshment
- Business Migration/Transitioning, end-to-end project management
- Recommend strategic brand launches from a global bank of brand opportunities, through analysis and mapping out of white spaces opportunities for North Asia cluster
- To launch key niche brands across white spaces, with an average time for a roll out innovation in market – target 100 days from idea to in market
- Support the Marketing Manager with other business requirements – be open to being flexible
- Key interface with Unilever OPCOs, UI Category Teams, Business Development Managers, Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Development, External Distributors, Key Retailers & Agency for brand plans (Trade, Social, Agencies & Internal teams)
- 4-5 years of Marketing experience in BD and/or BB in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Must be conversant and have brand building experience
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Confident to work with senior stakeholders without losing one’s point of view
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us