Background & Purpose of the Job
The Nutrition Business Unit Manufacturing Excellence & Engineering Lead is responsible for managing and driving the implementation of the continuous improvement process, by identification, evaluation and control of production losses and waste. They will also be involved in CAPEX management as well as various engineering projects and innovations.
They support site Master Plan, developing and managing skill base within manufacturing, and delivering appropriate coaching and support
They influence Manufacturing performance indicators such as OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), MP (Manufacturing Performance), OR (Output Reliability) and CPT (Cost per Tonne) and project cash flow. They work directly with SU Directors, site MANEX and Engineering teams, functional experts within the business as well as BG MANEX and Engineering. They will directly support the Nutrition BU MANEX & Engineering Director, BU Engineering Manager and BU Category Engineering Manager.
- Drive MANEX program deployment, including standards development and horizontal expansion
- Coordinate and coach sites on Unilever Management System (UMS) methodology and maturity assessments
- Support the implementation of Sites improvement programs, including SMED, Center-lining and Kaizen workshops
- Support and facilitate CAPEX tracking and plan
- Design and deliver appropriate training and coaching
- Investigate and deploy latest continuous improvement tools and digital strategies
- Engagement with Key stakeholders and peers across BU
- Team player with proven problem-solving capabilities (If from outside, Black belt preferred)
- Able to drive sustainable results in performance improvement
- Bachelor’s degree required,– Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years-experience in Supply Chain operations
- Appropriate functional / technical expertise – Engineering, Continuous ImprovementMANEX, Quality, Data Science, Engineering
Strong continuous improvement background is required, with demonstrated performance.
- Regular travel across BU Nutrition sites.
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us