Background & Purpose of the Job
As Manufacturing Manager, you will lead production and logistics at our Independence facility. This position will play a key role in the implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards in Independence, resulting in improvements in Safety, Quality, Output and Costs. We are the manufacturer for Knorr & Lipton Savory soups and sides at Unilever.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Factory Director, you will lead a motivated team of Manufacturing Business Leads, Supervisors and Area Leads, electrical and manufacturing employees. You will be responsible for all key business metrics and for the site in the absence of the Factory Director, managing a 24/7 manufacturing operation to ensure compliance with Safety, Health, Environment and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements. In addition, you will be responsible for factory logistics operations accountable to deliver logistics cost savings, customer service, and carbon reduction and as well as execution on continuous improvement projects through the application of harmonized logistics processes and systems.
You’re a born leader: Manufacturing Manager is the critical role for the site, and the incumbent must be prepared to lead members of the site community to success.
You’re a strategy guru: As Strategic planning key to ensuring transition periods in and out of peak season is executed seamlessly.
You’re a teacher and a student: Participate in Regional Virtual Site (RVS) meetings and work Supply Chain and the Nutrition business unit to share/gain best practice for implementation within site.
You’re a dot connector: Liaison with all key stakeholders (departments) to ensure full alignment with production schedule and key production milestones including Research & Development, Planning, Logistics and Brand.
You love to win and have fun doing it: This role is critical to ensuring engagement between departments, with an emphasis on Safety/Quality collaboration. Develop and invest in human capital, specifically Purpose Driven Communities.
You’re a changemaker: Success is dependent on change, and the Manufacturing Manager role is the Change Maker for the site – driving change to improve on all business metrics.
Additional Duties and Expectations of Role
- Actively participate in the implementation of all site specific safety and environmental programs, with the ability to lead and progress current safety culture to world class. Active member of the Central Safety Health Environmental Committee (CSHEC), specific ownership of several site safety programs.
- Achieve desired production costs, including fixed and variable labor costs, Operating Equipment Efficiency (OEE), waste, attainment and business waste and take ownership of VIP (Very Important Project) ideas year-over-year (YOY).
- Build and develop AGILE work systems that engage, empower, and motivate employees towards highly autonomous work culture.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience.
• Fully understand and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the personal care plant.
• Familiar with HACCP principals, implementation, and facilitation.
• Must be able to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
• Full understanding of the OHSA and pertinent safety regulations.
• Experience with manufacturing equipment, concepts and regulations would be an asset.
• Leadership experience in continuous improvement (WCM, TPM, Lean Manufacturing)
• Champion for Change Management
•Experience using SAP and demonstrated competence in logistics and supply chain management.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us