With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are passionate about designing systems & machines, leading big scale projects, setting/delivering high standards of engineering, enthusiastic about working cross culturally with different countries, then this role is just for you!
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE
- Become the engineering point of contact for Home Care Project Teams related to major packaging projects of Innovation, Technology, Capability, Capacity, asset re-use and VIP by using Best Practice Tools and Processes (EPM, EEM, Project Management).
- Leading Concept & Front-End Engineering Design, supporting Detailed Design, and identifying project budgets for all major packaging projects in Cluster in close conjunction with the Global Design Centres and Project leads.
- Undertake technology supplier evaluations in support of defining the technology supply base including scouting for New Packaging technologies and suppliers which will provide competitive advantage to Unilever or strengthen our Global Technology Portfolio.
- Support Robotics & Automation teams by identifying best practice/fit for purpose solutions on technology.
- Lead Early Equipment Management teams at key packaging projects and being as the EEM packaging first point of contact for the Cluster.
- Being member of Engineering Cluster Hygiene Platform. Lead/support hygiene audits, gaps closure follow-up.
- Evaluating alternative 3P’s in terms of capability, enzyme & hygiene, building capital plans to meet Unilever requirements.
- Support Packaging machinery skills development plan across cluster.
- Knowledge management of Packaging Machinery ensuring Best Practice is effectively captured and transferred across regions and factories.
- Support Category Planning to develop & implement capacity, savings and innovation agenda.
- Support Local Engineering Teams on best practice solutions on factory scale projects.
- Support designing/delivering Sustainability capabilities & projects to match 2030 sustainability ambition.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in engineering/project management.
- Good Knowledge of Packaging Technology and Equipment associated with an FMCG company.
- Experience with cross functional, diverse, and multicultural teams.
- Experience in leading virtual teams.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Capex Management
- Hygienic design and standards.
- Good understanding of the raw &pack materials, and conversion processes, especially within Laundry Powders/Homecare Liquids.
- Knowledge of Early Product and Equipment Management (EPM/EEM)
- Knowledge of Enzyme handling
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
- Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us