Technical Lead – Night Shift (6:00pm-6:30am) on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule
*Great Comprehensive Benefit Package Starting Day 1*
The Technical Lead will be both the mechanical resource and leader of an assigned line and shift in the operations packaging area. Her/his responsibilities will include delivery of shift attainment and OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency) targets with no quality defects or safety issues through technical development of the team, staffing, problem solving, and teamwork. S/he must be able to lead autonomously with clear direction to their team, make fact driven decisions, and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Accountable for their team’s performance for safety, quality, productivity, data integrity, engineering/innovation, and employee development
- Tasks may include fabrication, construction, calibration, electrical programming/troubleshooting, and replacement of a variety of parts associated with Unilever machinery.
- Employees at this level may need to assist in designing special instrument and apparatus.
- Rebuilding such equipment as assigned by those who can assign tasks and direct work such as a Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including PPE compliance, fall protection, and all other Plant safety policies and practices
- Active member of a Production Team and supports the team culture of the Jefferson City Plant through participation and leadership in WCM functions
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated a respect for diversity, strong work ethic, integrity. leadership skills through participation in continuous learnings, critical thinking, reduction in losses through creative/systematic planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical ability, welding experience, ability to operate common shop equipment (mill, lathe, band saw, etc.), ability to be innovative, show initiative, and self-direction.
- Demonstrated an ability to collaborate with team members, strong communication, interpersonal , and conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, resources, in a professional manner, ability to communicate clearly, reading and writing skills, and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, mathematical skills to job-specific tasks and machines common to Unilever.
- Comply with federal, state, and local safety legal requirements, maintain safe working practices around electrical hazards, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Maintain inventory, PLC Troubleshooting, use of computerized Maintenance Management System.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Associate degree in relevant mechanical/technical field or enrollment in a mechanical/technical program is required
- Two (2) or more years related work experience within an operations environment with a strong mechanical/technical skillset preferred
- Ability to develop leadership, facilitation, coaching and organization skills
Current Unilever employees must apply via internal job posting
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us