The Warehouse Clerk will receive raw and packaging materials, confirm purchase orders, prepare shipments, handle small package receipts, manage returns, inventory reconciliation, prepare factory invoices, bill of lading, and file pertinent information (MSDS, BOL, etc.). Work overtime as required for projects and coverage.Backfill other clerk roles as needed. All Company employees must conduct Company business in every instance in accordance with the highest standards of ethical business conduct.
- Actively supports the Plant’s WCM initiative by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM responsibilities, including all training related to the pillars of WCM, as applicable.
- Operates various fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training, with periodic recertification.
- Verifies material and quantities and tally sheets using receivers.
- Prepares and receives small parcel shipments.
- Completes Bill of Lading, Factory Invoices, Export Declarations, etc.
- Maintains records and submits reports of shipments, batch releases, etc.
- Shipping clerk must be DOT certified.
- Traces shipments or receipts as needed.
- Verifies HMIS ratings on materials; makes HMIS labels and labels materials.
- Data entry as required.
- Handle recycling shipments.
- Employee must exercise proficient math skills in daily assignments.
- Ability to train associates on warehouse systems and programs.
- Ability to use warehouse systems and programs (i.e. SAP, JDA, PINC, COUPA, DCIW etc.)
- Audit materials as part of inventory maintenance.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and use of productivity and informational tools (PC’s, RF, Printers).
- Maintain housekeeping, 5S/GMP in the office areas and in the warehouse
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Communicate clearly to production team, support staff and supervision both written and verbally.
Make accurate shift notes, utilize computer systems when appropriate and involve others who have interest in information.
Receive and understand written and verbal instructions by following through and reacting to information communicated to you by others.
Ability to follow systematic instructions (e.g., Process chart, SOP, Inventory process, etc.)
Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively and in a timely manner to others.
Take the initiative to seek new ways to do things by considering alternative approaches to common problems.
Ability to perform job unsupervised by making own decisions and taking responsibility.
Work with the team in the problem-solving process to collect appropriate data, analyze information and reach consensus or recommended solutions.
Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, inventory auditing and complete all transactions in assigned areas.
Work with contractors, schedule warehouse maintenance work as needed.
Understand the objectives of the Warehouse and the job’s impact on overall Unilever goals
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year experience in warehousing or inventory control.
- Able to meet all requirements specified of warehouse job classifications, including fork lift certification.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us