Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager – ekaterra (Unilever Tea Pakistan Ltd)
Work Location: Karachi Head Office
Job Type: Full-time
Travel required: Frequent
Unilever is proud of its tea business ekaterra, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants. Recently Unilever announced that it had agreed to sell ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Assistant Brand Manager is a unique opportunity to use deep consumer and market insight to drive short- and medium-term profitable growth by working closely with different functions to deliver exceptional brand experiences in the marketplace, build brands within regional marketing strategy framework.
Your Key Tasks:
- Assists in the development of the Brand Marketing Plan by developing an understanding of the drivers of brand growth and brand health and identifying key issues and opportunities.
- Lead innovation/activation projects deployment and the integrated activity schedule ensuring consistency with Brand Key Vision and Brand Vision Plan including communication strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate brand performance to recommend and execute appropriate ways to increase brand equity.
- Identifies solutions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness based on performance monitoring.
- Work closely with agencies (Advertising, Market Research, PR etc.) to execute flawless brand experiences across touch points
- Delivers specific brand projects as per brand plan, e.g., co-branding with a major retailer.
- Monitors budgets spend and provides timely communication to relevant stakeholders on overspend / cash availability
- Partner with different functions (Customer Development, Supply Chain & Finance) for ongoing projects, competitors, budget phasing, media plan tracking.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years in Brand Building in FMCG
- Strong Business Mindset, analytical power, and good communication skills
- Passion to grow and strong time management skill to work in a changeable environment
- Ability to manage workload and multiple projects
- Open-minded, practical creativity and result oriented
- Strong leadership skills to manage cross functional teams and external partners.
- Strong accountability and ownership to lead the business
- Strong bias for action and a drive to make new things happen
- Language requirement: English
Who we are looking for:
- A big-picture thinker, confident in taking strategic decisions
- Driven by innovation and strong change affinity
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business
- Must be passionate about Tea
- A passionate Networker and a natural relationship builder
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us