Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The 3rd Party Manufacturing (3PM) role works within the Tea Category to ensure product manufactured in third party manufacturer meets ekaterra specification, standards and regulatory requirements, lead 3PM network optimization and provides support for new product introduction (OTIF), Value catalyst, insourcing and renovation projects, execution management and performance improvement. You will be the custodian of the European Portfolio through data collection, analyses to support and deliver Supply Chain strategies, portfolio complexity reduction, network optimization and Business Waste avoidance.
The role reports into the European Innovation Planning Lead.
Your Key Tasks:
- Coordinate all SC activities for innovation & renovation projects, Value catalyst projects, 5S, export and insourcing projects for tea Europe, across brands and 3PM network.
- Represent SC and act as business partner within cross-functional team
- Ensure effective communication with project team & stakeholders in Marketing, Research & Development (R&D), Planning, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Factories
- Coordinate different SC functions to ensure all SC aspects are delivered during different project phases and gates (sourcing/capabilities/capacity/capex/costs)
- Support Risk Assessments for all projects at each project stage.
- Provide SC input at all gatekeeping meetings, innovation business case & lead transfer price delivery – following Terra Ventures process
- Accountable for SC execution of projects related to compliance to all local/national/regional regulatory requirements in Product, Process and Packaging
- Scope local and European initiatives, support Procurement with Make or Buy studies.
- Coordinate insourcing projects, aligning planning, master data, SU and R&D deliverables.
- Deliver input for Business case, ave a critical look at the overall business case and challenge assumptions
- Obsolete avoidance is a core responsibility when innovating and renovating
- Review & act on monthly Customer Complaints reports
- FPOC for Issue & incident management (supported by EU Quality Lead)
- Regular quality review meetings with critical 3PM.
- Be custodian of complexity avoidance. Challenge markets on in/out and follow up with planning team
- Adhere to MOQ/Thresholds and plan to avoid obsoletes, provision where required.
- Identify the key drivers of complexity in the tea category across the end to end (E2E) supply chain.
- Monitor with detailed analysis the portfolio healthiness in terms of number of products in/out, critical volumes & technical aspects in alignment with aligned thresholds.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- European Planning teams
- Go To Market planning teams (Middle EU, West EU, UKI, PL/EE)
- European SC Planning Lead
- European Quality Lead
- European Innovation Planning Lead
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding project management skills
- 2-3 years previous supply chain (Plan / Make / Source) experience
- Knowledge and experience in Quality in Innovation for Manufacturing including statistical analysis and process control, supplier assessment and capabilities, risk assessments.
- Basic awareness of financial principles
- Data management/analytical skills
- English proficiency
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel, MS Project)
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Affinity with technical and/or quality topics
- A passionate networker driven by innovation and strong change affinity
- Leadership and sense of business ownership
- Stakeholder management
- Willing to go on occasional travel within Europe
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities
The qualities we look for in you:
Ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us