ekaterra – Category Manager
Work Location: Warsaw
Job type: Fulltime
Travel : Limited travel
About the Tea Business and ekaterra
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Last year Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential and the global Tea company, called ekaterra was established.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for ekaterra is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking is the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey of separation, we are building best in class organization and seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Currently we are looking for a Category Manager to join our Team in Poland.
- Delivering strategic expertise on shopper insights, category trends, retail landscape, market data for CD, CCD, Marketing and Leadership team
- Creating category management strategy (identifying growth opportunities in Tea category) for various sales channels and individual clients.
- Preparation of shelf and floor plan recommendations (planogram and merchandising guidelines) as well as supervision over implementation
- Defining portfolio strategy by identifying white gaps & opportunities and creating recommendation of Must have SKU and target listing to Sales and Customers;
- Delivering shopper and trends input for annual and quarterly planning process, sales briefings and customer selling stories;
- Leading in depth shopper researches throw cooperation with external entities (research agencies).
- Close cooperation with CD Excellence Analyst on delivering insights on category development;
- Co-creating strategic partnership with key customers through category development insights delivery and creating recommendation of category assortment and merchandising strategies in order to develop category; cooperation with Catmans on customer’s side;
- Monitor and understand market data to prepare recommendations for further actions in channels based on concluded insights.
- Competitive Growth: Turnover and Market Shares
- Profitable Growth: Margin and Budget Control
- Execution: Perfect store KPIs
- Experience and expertise in Category Management in independent position (FMCG sector)
- Shopper insights knowledge and deep understanding of retail market channel specifics
- Experience in working with Nielsen data, Knowledge of other sourcing of market, shopper and category data
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to transition them into insights
- Structured project management with the ability to turn strategy into actions and results
- High level of MS Office knowledge (Power Point and Excel)
- Demonstrates ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of the Space Planning / ProSpace program
- Entrepreneurial thinking: Think fast, ability to test new things, act with speed and scale for growth.
The qualities we look for in you
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us