Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
As the Logistics Lead, you will play a crucial role developing and implementing the Warehouse and Logistics future network whilst ensuring excellent service is maintained in the interim and transition period.
Your Key Tasks
- Understand the business requirements, in all the Logistics aspects ; Warehousing, transportation, distribution and agree with the business team on the potential projects , set its prioritisation and agree on the Logistics strategy which will be used in the relevant country within the European cluster. Work closely with 3PL partners, Procurement and Supply chain functional stakeholders.
- Analyse the current logistics network in each market and propose suggestions for cost optimisation. Execute agreed optimisation projects.
- For each proposal, be responsible for the analysis of its financial viability (Business Case)
- Enhance Logistics network end to end processes and resolve any logistics issues impacting service to customers or unexpected costs and waste
- Business partner with Logistics companies and local Market Supply Chain teams for efficient delivery of order and continuous improvement of delivery service during the interim period, transition and end state
- Manage the local distribution transitioning projects for the respective market; working closely with Procurement, IT, Finance, Quality, Market SC team and 3PL partners to ensure the projects are delivered on time with minimal service disruption
- Own reporting of warehouse and logistics KPIs
Who we are looking for
- In depth knowledge of logistics and network design
- Strong logistics project management skills
- Analytical skills and an ability to present complex and detailed information clearly and concisely to a wide audience across several departments.
- Basic financial skills and good business understanding in general.
- Able to work as part of a team and build good working relationships (including virtual teams).
- Fluent English and strong stakeholder management skills.
- University degree, supply chain qualification preferred; 3+ Years in Logistics operations.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us