The Purpose of Role:
Do you like the idea of Digital Transformation and data as an enabler to building a business? Are you curious about the dynamics of selling through webshop and do you have a passion for food? Are you obsessed with converting people to buying online customers? Then you may have just found what could be your dream job.
The world of Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) is a dynamic and exciting environment with passionate professionals who work hard to carry out their common ambition of “freeing chefs to love what they do”. Our customers range from restaurants and hotels through to pub chefs and workplace, school, or hospital caterers - as well as the wholesalers and cash and carries who service the foodservice industry.
Digital transformation offers huge opportunity for Ecommerce to be the grow drivers for UFS
Unilever Food Solutions (ufs.com) is the foodservice division of Unilever leading the dynamic Food Service market with a range of exciting professional food and beverage products and services to chefs across 22 Multi-Country Organizations (MCOs) in 72 countries.
Currently UFS relies on sales reps visiting chefs to generate demand, which limits the pace of growth. Here, CRM strategies and ecommerce channels offer a huge opportunity.
Time for action: we are evolving the business model and developing contact strategies to reach the 95% of operators we do not visit, this is a big white space for us to grow our business. At the same time, we are also building the commercial automation tools to free up some time of sell reps so they can hunt more new chefs. To do that, we want to extend our (awesome) foodservice team further. Do you fit right in?
- Reporting to: Head of Sales, Push & Pull
The three overarching objectives for the e-commerce manager are: unlock the business potential with e-Commerce channels (from strategy to execution), champion digital transformation of the business and enable upskilling on e-commerce for colleagues across the business.
This is then further elaborated into the following:
- Develop the best possible customer journey based on all benefits that digital and ecommerce have to offer
- Renew the operator group strategy and optimize the mix of Pure Player, Trade Partners, aggregators & UFS webshop for the MYSG market
- Manage e-commerce customers and UFS web-shop
- Work with the marketing team to manage digital assets, translate brand vision into a local online context, execute, monitor, optimize trade term negotiation, database & integrate online & offline campaigns.
- Synchronize with the regional sales teams & marketing strategy to deliver maximum business objectives
- Working with associations and online food platforms to provide insights to help us reach more operators and for operators to reach out to more diners
- Supporting digital transformation within UFS and uplift E-commerce capabilities building with peers in MYSG
- Unlocking partnerships to enable the digitalization of our trade partners.
- Internal : Marketing, Customer Development, Chef and Business Excellence team; Global digital team
- External : E-commerce pure players, Distributor digital team and etc
Minimal travelling with ad hoc occasions
- Commercial experience, strong preference for someone who has literally had the experience of selling things and can navigate through the challenges
- eCommerce knowledge to understand the intricacies of the various platforms and business, can put a strategy together and see through to execution
- Data literate, able to analyse data (internal and external) to obtain insights to guide decisions
- Enjoys collaborating and is able to influence others to achieve the common goal of growth
- Enjoys food and is curious about the food industry
- Knows how to run an online business by him/herself and the practicalities that come with that
How to Apply:
Please apply online and add your updated resume. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application if shortlisted.
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas, and disrupt processes: use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Every day, many Malaysian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life-giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you will be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you will channel your purpose, bring fresh ideas to the table, and simply be you. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we will work to help you become a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us