The Purpose of Role:
You are responsible for end-to-end warehouse and distribution operational activities to deliver high customer service levels at optimum cost. The role will work closely with all functions of the business and build solid partnerships with Third-Party Logistics to deliver end-to-end efficiencies, savings and growth ambitions.
- Reporting to: Distributions & Logistics Manager (Lead).
Warehouse and Distributions
- Lead and manage Malaysia Third Party Logistic (3PL) warehouse and distributions operation of Ambient & Cold Chain.
- Drive Logistics capabilities and operations efficiency leading to deliver savings and warehousing and transport service levels/ loss reduction.
- Determine the readiness level of the business the upcoming changes, uncovered readiness gaps and create and implement the action plan.
- Provide field support on the transportation, goods acceptance, refusal and return phase.
- Develop effective relationships with the 3PL warehouse and the industry stakeholders.
- Develop the logistics network knowledge and build market insights that would drive effective trade-off decisions on the services and costs.
- Manage stock counts and day-to-day inventory operations.
Compliance and Continuous Improvement Plans
- Maintain responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory, regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations, including insurances.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance, customer satisfaction, value and profit.
- Plan and implement the budget, manage P&L.
- Internal: Demand & Supply Planning team, Logistics, Customer Development.
- External: Third-party logistics (3PL) Warehouses, 3PL Transporters and industry stakeholders.
50% of the time for travelling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics/Transportation.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience specialized in logistics, warehousing or distribution operation.
- Experienced in direct customers, 3PL relationship management.
- Working knowledge in SAP system will be a plus.
- Sound knowledgeable and familiar with Lean and Six Sigma.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed people management skills.
How to Apply:
Please apply online and add your updated resume. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application if shortlisted.
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas, and disrupt processes: use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Every day, many Malaysian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life-giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you will be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you will channel your purpose, bring fresh ideas to the table, and simply be you. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we will work to help you become a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us