Job Title:Site Safety Health & Environment Manager
The Site SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. They will work with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core Key Performance Indicators. The primary hazards associated with the Leeds site are those of a process safety measure. The Site SHE Manager is required to proactively and effectively manage frequent regulatory intervention from both the HSE and the Environment Agency, through the management of the COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards ) regulations and other relevant statutory instruments.
- Deploy the Global/Cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Operational Safety, Process Safety and Environment results.
- Ensure that all measures necessary are taken to comply with the COMAH regulations.
- Support and monitor the Occupational Health programme to ensure compliance with legislation and Unilever policy, standards and improvement programme.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of Chemical Oxygen Demand, hazardous & non‐hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption
- Lead the World Class Manufacturing Safety Pillar in accordance with ManEx requirements
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever behaviour based safety programme and support deployment in the site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever process safety management programme and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems , participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programmes
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Engineering Degree level qualified (Science Degree may be substituted pragmatically)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety (could be included as training plan) leading to CMIOSH
- IEMA Practitioner Certificate
- Lead auditor BS OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001
- Aerosol manufacturing or similar high hazard process safety manufacturing
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturing experience within a factory or site
- Awareness of Control of Major Accident Hazards regulations – ideally from an upper Tier COMAH environment, lower tier minimum.
- World Class Manufacturing Safety or Environment Pillar experience.
- Development of SHE strategy, policy and standards
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us