Quality Director SHEQ – Global - Elida Beauty
Work Location – Battersea, London
Job Type- Full Time
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We are re-found iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were first time around.
Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with our top-quality products at a great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers and suppliers we are able to unleash the true potential of our loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way’. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues and the planet alike.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
Main Job Purpose:
The global Divisional Quality role works within the global division organisation across regions. The role is focused on leading, defining, developing, operationalizing, integrating, facilitating and coordinating Quality in all activities of the Division: Brand, Innovation, Technology & Engineering, and Supply Chain design. Driving Quality improvement initiatives within the Divisional Leadership to drive Consumer Centricity and Design for Quality and the reduction of systemic quality issues in markets. The role reports directly to the Head of SHEQ, Engineering & Strategy
The role takes decisions that directly impact design and execution of the E2E SC improving Elida Beauty’s ability and capability to deliver and improve consumer safety and quality of Elida Beauty products in the market place.
- Quality Strategy
- Facilitates the creation of Category Quality strategies, understands Quality implications and defines new Quality capabilities needed and provides linkage and input to the Elida Beauty Quality strategy
- Deploys Elida Beauty Quality strategy, governance and goals through Division specific projects and targets
- Quality in Engineering & (Core)Technology
- Develops Quality requirements for new technology development and supports Category Engineering experts in development of future technology solutions and core designs ensuring Quality requirements are built in
- Provides Quality input into the design phase of big SC projects (restructuring, new builds, outsourcing)
- Quality Standards
- Defines and maintains Division/Category specific Quality Standards using agreed methodology and links to Brand Performance Standards
- Develops, writes and maintains Category Specific GMPs as part of the QMS
- Establishes new Quality Standards for Category specific needs in line with the QMS framework as needed
- Quality Improvement
- Identifies and provides coordination of improvement activities between regional and global Category LTs for systemic cross-cluster issues
- Drives (initiates, leads or supports) Quality improvement projects in Category LTs to drive Quality improvement using data analysis, workshops, toolkits
- Quality in Innovation
- Ensures Quality processes for InnoFlex are implemented for global innovations and improves processes in innovation to reduce Quality losses and improve speed to market
- Drives culture of making choices for Quality in product and packaging design
- Quality in Operations
- Participates in or leads “Quality Expert Interventions” as needed
- Quality Leadership
- Integrates (connects and harmonises) Quality processes within the Division/Category primarily between R&D, Brand and Supply Chain
- Provides Quality leadership to influence Quality Culture and Mindset within Divisional and Category LTs through activities, visibility, and coaching
- Builds Quality talent (recruitment, coaching, training)
- Quality Leadership in the Organisation
- Quality in Design and Operations
- Quality Improvement processes
- Product and Technology knowledge and expertise as applied in the Division
- Cross functional Influencing
- Ability to work independent in a virtual environment
- High level of energy
- Digital Citizen Data Scientist
- 7 years of experience in Quality, R&D and also preferably Manufacturing
- Proven & recognized achievements in management of change
- Responsible for growing and nurturing talent including succession planning ensuring organization is fit to win short and long term
- Key representative of Elida Beauty Limited within organization as well as externally across various key stakeholders and organizational bodies.
To ensure that your personal creativity helps to unlock our potential, we will upskill and reskill you. We will develop leading-edge digital marketing skills and best-in-class teamworking capabilities.
Most importantly, we will give you the autonomy to use them like a ‘founder’. We will help you to think like a CEO so that we all focus on delivering our Purpose and so you drive growth as you develop. Imagine how good we will feel when we see that our creativity reignites growth in the business because consumers embrace our new ideas.
Better for our consumers, better for the world and better for each of us
The way we manufacture, package and distribute our products will be better for everyone and for the planet. We will bring a new meaning to diversity and inclusion by providing access to beauty products that suit every kind of skin and hair.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and you are eligible to apply for new internal opportunities.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us