MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Craft Technician (Multi-Skilled) is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The Discipline requirement is set by the factory dependent on the Skills balance it requires.
The Craft Technician (Multi-Skilled) is responsible for ensuring maximum availability of production plant across the Sourcing Unit utilizing excellent technical skills for improvements and modifications and sound application of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology. All actions must contribute to the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation (PQSCDMI)).
She/he must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver who is able to maximize machinery operations whilst minimizing waste. The Craft Technician (Multi-Skilled) must be able to coach and develop the Machine Operator’s and Technical Operator’s core technical awareness and skills.
Must possess both Mechanical and Electrical Manufacturing background:
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within the team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
- Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Safety - Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Core Engineering Skills and manufacturing experience in Mechanical and Electrical disciplines.
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us