Territory Development Manager – Local to Ft Lauderdale, Florida area
Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) is the foodservice division of Unilever and leads the dynamic Food Service market across its categories and has ambitious growth objectives, marketing a range of professional food and beverage products and services to operators in over 70 countries. We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains, and contract caterers.
UFS is accelerating its digital transformation to fuel growth through data driven and technology enabled Go-to-Market (GtM) capabilities. The focus of UFS marketing and sales is to engage with chefs & customers through an integrated communication system via visits by sales representatives and digital touchpoints like the UFS.com website/webshop, segmented & personalized campaigns and UFS apps.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives, and solutions. This role offers a company vehicle as you will be managing a sales territory.
As a Territory Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving sustainable business growth via Operators, Chains and Trade Partner engagement. You are accountable for delivering business targets and executing a multi touchpoint contact strategy online and face to face for generating demand for Food Solutions Products as you deliver a seamless customer experience.
Demand Creation: Operators and Local Chain Accounts
- Engage with Local Chain Account and Operator Customers, and be accountable for delivering business targets for the assigned Territory including Turnover, Reach & Penetration & digital, FPO (Fully Profiled Operators), Digital Engagement, Demos, Sampling etc.
- Execute CBP (Customer Business Plans), Win & Retain funnel, Contact Matrix and execute Multi touchpoint contact strategy on and off-line.
- Ability to convert Business Insights to Solution Selling to highlight Unilever’s ability to be ahead of the food trends
- Gain insight and lead your customers to the right solution by preparing recommendations specific to their menu, kitchen operation and consumer.
Demand Creation: Distributors/Trade Partners
- Develop and execute Joint Business Planning (JBPs) with Selected Trade partners including Trade Term agreements, Sell out activities and DSRs & Trade team engagement & KPIs
- Engage trade customers to gain alignment for Secondary Sales Data (SSD) partnerships with proof of value addition
- Close collaboration with Food Solutions Trade & eComm team to implement promotions by ensuring adequate stock availability and customer related activity to drive Sell-out
- Ensure timely submission & settlement of distributor trade claims.
Digital & Data
- Responsible for 100% engagement on automated warm leads & targeted leads driven via CRM
- Drive conversion of leads in territory
- Accountable for penetration strike rate target achievement based on automated Accounts & SKU prioritization.
- Drive digital buying behavior via ecommerce platforms (Webshop/trade Partner Webshop/pure players)
- Drive Social Media Engagement & attendance of UFS Webinars CRM Tool
- Data Enrichment – continuously enrich all operator data to ensure personalized content
- Implement Omni channel (On and Offline) contact strategy for your territory
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 4 year College Degree or 2 years + Culinary Degree
- 2+ years of experience in foodservice sales
- Additional experience in the Culinary industry a plus!
- Proven track record of developing strategic relationships with decision makers for both operator and distributor customers
- Proficiency and drive to become a proficient user of our systems (Blacksmith/Forge, Salesforce.com, Power BI)
- Negotiation skills and strong business acumen
- Passion for driving results with a strong interest in the food industry.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500 Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us