Background & Purpose of the Job:
Customer Development (CD) is what we call our Sales organization at Unilever. CD works closely with customers to pioneer new products, build categories, and deploy best-in-class retail and shopper capabilities. CD works closely with customers to create and implement joint business plans that deliver value for the customer and company.
About the Position:
Overall priorities include developing sustained customer and internal business relationships and driving profitable sales volume for Unilever for the respective category at Target. The CBM develops plans to exceed volume and share goals while improving return on holistic customer investment, in line with joint business plan targets and customer and brand strategies. The CBM will be responsible for Turnover, category and brand share, and sales contribution margin (SCM) results for the respective business managed.
The CBM is also responsible for improving in-store and online presence by leading brilliant execution across a cross-functional team of Shopper Marketing, Category Management, Customer Marketing, Retail Coverage, Customer Finance, Business Development and Supply Chain. This role will also have a unique opportunity to drive omni-channel initiatives with Target.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- You’re a born leader: Manage the relationship with the category managers and interface with Target customer; Manage NSV and trade investment by category; Manage new item sell-in, influence planograms, and retail initiatives.
- You’re a strategy guru: Customize marketing and merchandising programs with Target; Coordinate and manage cross-functional (Cat Man, Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing) initiatives; Coordinate Joint Business Plans with Target
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Drive strategic relationships and accelerated growth, while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters and driving trade investment efficiency.
- You’re a dot connector: Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments; Balance individual customer needs while ensuring total customer integrity.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Experience as a Customer Business Manager preferred, or similar Account Management or Customer Management experience. Target experience a priority.
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Must have strong relationship building and time management skills
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Must be able to provide clear leadership to a broad cross-functional business team to execute against business strategies.
- Must show demonstrated ability to leverage future trends and market insights and think creatively in building out business plans, influencing the customer.
- Beauty/Personal Care portfolio & trend experience a plus
- Trade Marketing experience and Category Management experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of omni-channel capabilities and eCommerce capabilities
- Working knowledge of marketshare and Customer POS Data is strongly desired
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development| Culture for Growth| Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits| Every Voice Matters| Global Reach| Life at Unilever| Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs| Check Out Our Space| Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us