Who we are?
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Dove, Lynx, Omo, Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
Surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers, you will work with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture, bringing fresh ideas and simply being you! We also make ice cream, what else could you ask for?
We are looking for a dynamic Frontline Leader in a permanent full-time opportunity in our Minto ice cream Factory to lead our weekend shifts (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6pm – 6am). The role will provide direct
autonomous leadership and supervision to our frontline operators. Some of the leadership skills we are looking for are:
- Build effective relationships with direct reports to spot and develop talents, but also recover low performers through coaching and mentoring
- Initiate disciplinary actions when needed.
- Build effective relationships with all support areas: Safety, Quality, Engineering and Planning to aid identification of key improvement areas across production lines
- Have strong influencing, training, and stakeholder management skills
- Ensure labor, including indirect support labor, is always appropriately engaged, focused, and prioritized with the changing needs of the production environment.
- Manage operational efficiency including managing leave and timekeeping of frontline operators, ensuring effective manpower is always maintained.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving and communications skills
- “Can do” attitude with high desire to succeed and take your career to the next level
- Practical examples of improving a process for the betterment of a larger group
- The Shift leaders will need to be flexible on their shift patterns to meet changing business needs.
A second key area of responsibility is in ensuring Safety, Quality and Productivity for the plant. The below skills are hence deemed essential:
- Solid knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and leadership of small projects.
- Proficiency in monitoring losses with precision and details.
- Conduct and participate in Root Cause investigations into deviations in safety, quality and unplanned downtimes and ensure corrective actions are suitable and rolled out.
- Lead focused improvement activities and deliver agreed results.
- Making decisions based on the priorities to achieve the optimal output of the factory.
- Tertiary qualification in Manufacturing/Engineering related disciplines preferred, but previous experience may substitute tertiary qualification, for the right candidate.
- 5+ years’ experience in operational leadership in a similar role within FMCG or manufacturing industry.
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organisation. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, do not waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on ANZ.email@example.com.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
This means we encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Māori and Pacific Peoples, and people with disabilities. Interested in learning more, check out our Reconciliation Action Plan and Workplace Adjustment Policy on the Unilever webpage.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! We encourage you to advise us at the time of your application if you require any reasonable adjustment so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us