WE'RE HIRING AT OUR ICE-CREAM FACTORY, MINTO FOR PERMANENT MACHINE OPERATORS!
Job Title: Machine Operator
Permanent full-time roles
Monday – Friday rotating shifts / weekend shifts
Weekly wage starts from: $900-$1100 /week (Based on skills and experience) You will be working 12-hour shifts both Day & Night shift rotation, across a 3-week pattern
Who we are?
The Unilever Australia Ice Cream factory! We want to make more ice cream and so we are growing the size of our team! Come and join us to make Magnums, Weis, Blue Ribbon and lots of other family favorites!
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Lipton, Dove, Lynx, Omo, Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
We are looking to hire severalPermanent full time Machine Operators based in our Minto ice cream factory on rotating shifts Monday to Friday as well as weekend shifts.
Surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers, you’ll work with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture, bringing fresh ideas and simply being you! We also make ice cream, what else could you ask for?
- Technical knowledge and application of technical skills to operate machinery safely and effectively in order to meet the production plan.
- Conduct cleaning and lubrication as required. Possess a basic knowledge of the principles of mechanism, motion and pneumatics.
- Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
- You will also carry out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues to the Technical Operator to resolve.
- Understand properties of materials being handled. Able to perform correct adjustment and setting.
- Proactively work with Professional Maintenance and Quality Control staff to achieve zero breakdowns and zero defects.
- Carry out product and process changeovers/washouts to maintain quality standards whilst minimizing the impact to the production plan.
- Ensure the optimal usage of the resources, minimizing waste during production
- Initiate improvement actions
- You will be working 12-hour shifts both Day & Night shift rotation, across a 3-week pattern
- Some weekend work is required
- You will be based at our Minto factory involved in the processes making our delicious ice-cream Streets brands such as Cornetto, Gaytime & Magnum
- You are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment focused on quality standards and efficiency.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably with National Certificate (level II) for Machine operator
- Relevant working experience in machine operations including but not limited to basic and machine operations, forklift, warehouse and inventory operation
- Team player who is responsible, supportive and good communicator
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success.
This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organization. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us onANZ.email@example.com.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
This means we encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Māori and Pacific Peoples, and people with disabilities. Interested in learning more, check out our Reconciliation Action Plan and Workplace Adjustment Policy on the Unilever webpage.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! We encourage you to advise us at the time of your application if you require any reasonable adjustment so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us