ABOUT UNILEVER: Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
JOB TITLE: CRM Assistant Finance Manager
JOB LOCATION: India
REPORTS TO: CRM Finance Manager – Singapore
Procurement Finance is a diverse global team working to drive the expansive cost and cash agenda for Unilever. The CRM (Commodity Risk Management) Finance is an integral and important part of Procurement Finance functions and is a quite unique role integrating Partnering, Controlling & Expertise into one.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join Unilever CRM team as Assistant Finance Manager. He/she plays a pivotal role in supporting the Unilever CRM team in managing market risks to the business through
i) in-depth understanding of factors impacting global commodity prices.
ii) assess applicability and commercial viability of both financial derivatives and physical coverage, and
iii) deliver effective risk management in line with internal Unilever policies and external regulatory requirements.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work closely with subject matter experts in Unilever, providing good exposure to both strategic thinking and operational processes, hedge accounting, risk management & controls, and change management.
1. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Support the Unilever Procurement team in the execution of strategic CRM initiatives, drive accelerated value creation, minimize costs volatility, and build internal capabilities to support business requirements.
• In-depth understanding of key material cost drivers within CRM scope that feed into actual P&L and forecast.
• Assess commercial viability of hedging proposals and deliver value expansion initiatives in line with IFRS9 regulations.
Establish new economic relationships and deliver high quality hedge documentation approved by external auditors.
• Validate any new hedging instruments in accordance with Unilever CRM policy and Hedge Accounting standards.
• Proactive risk management. Implement controls enhancements and continuous improvement of CRM operations.
• Support CRM transformation agenda including smooth implementation of a new CRM IT system to deliver process simplifications, enhancement to controls and compliance with lower running costs.
2. KEY INTERFACES
Wide engagements with Global Procurement Finance team, CRM Leadership, Cluster Finance, Global and Cluster Supply Chain Finance network, Treasury teams, Legal/Tax, internal and external auditors.
• Degree in Accounting/Finance. Chartered Accountant with IFRS9 experience preferred.
• >3 years working experience with exposure in Commodity Risk Management/Supply Management/Supply Chain Controller/Treasury.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Proven track record in managing complex operating environment and with clear results delivery.
Join us and create A better business. A better world. A better you. Click below to know more: www.hul.co.in
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us