Background and main job purpose:
As one of the world’s largest TV advertisers Unilever strives to leverage its scale and global expertise to achieve higher standards of quality and efficiency as well as manage advertising production on a more global level.
The Senior Regional Advertising Producer role, based in the Mumbai, India, is responsible for managing advertising production across all brands and all categories in Sth Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey and sometimes globally. This is an exciting role that provides access to global advertising production at scale and you will be exposed to production throughout the world not common to many advertising producing roles.
The role will manage a small team and the role reports to the Head of Global Advertising Production and is part of the global structure.
Senior Regional Advertising Producer - Key Accountabilities:
• Plan and provide solution to brands teams on all aspects of production - including annual production planning
• Deliver better planning of asset production, amplification of assets and production workflow processes
• Work with the other Regional Advertising Production Managers to leverage economies of scale and transfer learning across the world
• Manage direct production projects as internal producer for brand teams
• Maintain and develop creative agency relationships along with third party production, post, sound, talent agency relationships
• Maintain full transparency on all planned advertising production activities (Digital, TV, Print, radio etc).
• Review all briefs and storyboards in order to assist project leaders in achieving the objectives of the brief within the desired budget
• Manage the direct negotiation of all cost estimates with production companies including liaison with Unilever brand teams and creative agencies whilst maintaining the correct balance between quality and cost.
• Manage an oversee Indian production payments process directly with third party suppliers
• Resolve day to day issues related to last minute changes to advertising productions
• Support and oversight of the internal adaptation amplification process in India and build and deploy brands currently in the local adaptation and amplification model covering their annual TV, print and digital global amplification requirements.
• Manage vendor supplier relationships and end to end celebrity talent process for India
• Assist with the payment process via the internal buying system and manage spend reconciliations
• Ensure transparency on all activities and costs by logging these in the internal management tool.
• Manage & Mentor reporting team and assist with monthly reporting and analysis with other business units including finance and auditing
• Assist or lead global management & best practice for specialist production areas and programs of expertise as allocated by the Global Head of Production • Global Production & Post-Production Roster Management & quarterly performance review
• Conduct cascades to Brand Team and Agency on all production processes and relevant programs
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
• The applicant will currently be (or have been) a Production Company Producer, a Creative Agency Producer experience or will currently be holding a similar role (minimum 7+ years exp)
• Must be fully conversant in the related areas of talent, licensing, production insurance, music and all aspects of film/video/stills production.
• This is a specialist role and requires robust experience and understanding of all methods of production
• Good analytical skills and problem solving abilities
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong commercial ability
• Excellent communication skills (including excellent spoken and written English is essential), other languages advantageous
• Strategic influencing with the ability to build strong relationships across networks including marketing, advertising agencies and third-party suppliers (especially advertising production companies)
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint • Strong ability to grasp and use new software and platforms • Team commitment • Ability to manage a high workload and deliver against demanding timelines
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us