Media Leader Conosur
Unilever ambition to double the size of its global business, whilst doing what is right for consumers, community and the environment. To remain on track, we must reach as much as possible the right people at the most efficient cost by creating robust strategies that enable holistic channel planning and facilitate authentic and relevant brand communications.
The vision of Media Team is to be the biggest source of competitive advantage for Unilever by using our expertise, scale and agility to connect our purposeful brands with people by delivering on today and PIONEERING for tomorrow to drive sustainable growth
The role is responsible to lead the development and execution of the media strategy in the markets, delivering breakthrough innovation, maximize the Return on Media Investment and functional excellence. The role includes involvement in the overall management of the media value chain with specific responsibility for media agency and media vendors.
Additionally, supports the development and deployment of effective brand communications that reach the right people whether using online or offline media, and focusing on brand objective such as awareness or performance. This is only achieved by a close collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders all of whom are focused on achieving the targets set (Brand Engagement Architecture). Recently, it is crucial the strong collaboration with Digital Hub members to enhance the delivery of Precision Marketing campaigns and other data driven marketing activities.
The role reports into the Media Manager South Cone and is a business partner for Marketing and E-commerce Team.
• Media Vision. Lead the development and execution of the media vision and strategy within the market
• Media Buying. Negotiations with media vendors to execute the media strategy at the most efficient and efficacy media costs.
• Brand Communication Expert. Hands on to develop individual brand strategies (for top Brands) and communication plans, including setting KPIs, establishing priorities, setting the channel mix and recommending budget requirements.
• Agile. Lead and Agility Culture (Squads)
• Media Agency Management. Responsible to lead the Media Agency and ensure high levels of productivity and performance. adapt the structure according to business context and new disciplines of services.
• Measurements. Create measurable value for media investment in terms of efficiency.
• Innovation. Inspire innovation in brand engagement ideas and initiatives, encouraging creativity from both internal team members and external stakeholders. Pioneer the use of new media as a way of leading the agenda of Media and maximize new opportunities.
• Influence. Be an inspirational leader for Unilever Senior Management, Marketing Community, Agencies and Industry Colleagues.
• Best Practices. Drive best practice by providing, owning, developing and executing multi-channel ideas against clearly defined KPIs.
• Budget Setting. Lead the annual budget setting process and strong involve in discussions about budget priorities (brand/campaign/media)
• Manage media/analytics data from traditional and digital channels to include KPI reporting, creating templates, the organisation of data and tracking via dashboards.
• Data Driven Marketing/Digital Transformation. Actively collaborate with Digital Hub on new ways to analyse and work with digital data for broader organisational use (ie: Precision Marketing)
• External Focus. Participation in Chambers (CAA/IAB/CCMA), Media relationship (Main Media Vendors) and Agencies. Employ curiosity and a to keep up with media market realities, e.g., new ways of buying media, leading digital transformations, trading practices.
• 8 years’ experience in media, marketing or digital.
• Background with Media Partner or in media, marketing or digital agency preferred.
• Strong evidence of all job skills required for the role.
• Strong digital experience required.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us