JOB TITLE: Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Crumlin
SALARY: £13.19 an hour (40 hours a week) + 40% shift allowance
SHIFT: 6pm to 6am Saturday and Sunday, the remaining 16 hours worked flexibly across the week
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Our Supply Chain teams play a vital role in getting our goods to consumers; from sourcing rawmaterials to manufacturing and delivering theend product. You could be finding a new way to get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers.Our Global Supply Chain includes approximately 100,000 employees who work with over 70,000 suppliers and 1.5 million farmers. We manage a logistics network that transports acrossa distance of over1.5 billion km a year.
In the UK & Ireland, we are home to the production of PG Tips, Magnum, Pot Noodle, Persil and many more.Looking forward, we want to embracethe digital revolutionin order tobuild a more agile, integrated and synchronized Supply Chain. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world and see the true impactthat you’re having in the work you do. There’s always a new challenge to tackle and our peoplehave the opportunity tomake a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the world.
The Multi skilled Shift Technician is a Preventative and Reactive Maintenance specialist engaged to optimise the running effectiveness and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, the multi-skilled technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. She/he is also intimately involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective production area.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed on all tasks and improvements
- You will perform risk assessments as appropriate and take part in regular inspections/audits for good housekeeping/6S and machine safety and ensure agreed action are completed
- You will assist in the identification of critical control points on the equipment and that they are able to be inspected according to QM procedures, whilst ensuring that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules.
- You will be responsible for improving the reliability and performance of machines ensuring fault finding and root cause analysis is carried out in a timely manner to fix and eliminate repeated faults and keep down time to a minimum whilst ensuring all repairs are cost effective
- You will lead small improvement projects and document solutions achieved
- You will communicate problems, solutions and options clearly and succinctly ensuring to inform all relevant people and utilise information from internal and external sources.
- You will be keen to coach, develop and motivate others by identifying regular maintenance tasks that can generally be done by others
- You will be open to self-development, actively monitoring and developing your own skills and competencies in line with requirements
- You will be flexible in proactively supporting other areas of the factory when priorities demand. (Looking at the big picture – where am I most needed)
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Electrical HNC or better in electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Diploma or better in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communication skills
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and data from different sources and media
- Ability to fault find on electrical, mechanical and pneumatic machinery
- Experience of high speed packing machinery
WHAT WE OFFER
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us