Job Title: Packaging Operator
Location: Crumlin, Unilever UK Foods
Reporting to: Production Operations Manager
Hours: Saturday & Sunday 1800hrs top 06.00am and work the remaining 16 hours during the week.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Our Supply Chain teams play a vital role in getting our goods to consumers; from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. You could be finding a new way to get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers. Our Global Supply Chain includes approximately 100,000 employees who work with over 70,000 suppliers and 1.5 million farmers. We manage a logistics network that transports across a distance of over 1.5 billion km a year.
In the UK & Ireland, we are home to the production of PG Tips, Magnum, Pot Noodle, Persil and many more. Looking forward, we want to embrace the digital revolution in order to build a more agile, integrated and synchronized Supply Chain. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world and see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do. There’s always a new challenge to tackle and our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is Responsible for the delivery of Safety, Quality and Production targets in a small manufacturing team. This will be achieved by performing a variety of tasks within the team structure. These tasks will include: - working closely with other team members to efficiently operate automated Processing and Packaging equipment, manage materials required for production, set up and maintain equipment as required and clean equipment to hygienic standards
- Ensure Safety is a value by applying the site Health & Safety policy in ALL aspects of the role and ensure adherence to ALL Health & Safety Standards
- Participate in advancing the safety program by actively using key safety tools such as – Hazard identification and reporting, Safety Risk assessments, Safety audits
- Ensure that Critical Control Point (CCP) & Quality Control Point (QCP) checks are carried out, documented and appropriate corrective action is taken as required.
- Effectively manage housekeeping and organisation in area of control to factory GMP standard
- Operate and monitor Food processing, filling and packaging equipment to ensure production targets are met, proactively looking for and resolving issues before they develop
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve and rectify equipment related issues to minimise downtime and maximise Operational Efficiency, always looking for root cause elimination
- Interact with and operate automated equipment via computer terminals or touch screen interface
- Ensure issues that affect line performance (equipment or people) are communicated effectively to engineering group or to Team Leader.
- Carry out Line changeovers and product set ups on equipment (includes basic mechanical set ups of equipment and program changes for automated equipment)
- Mechanically disassemble and reassemble lines for hygiene and changeover
- Carry out line hygiene and changeover cleaning using chemicals or CIP system
- Coordinate and manage material supply to and from the production Line
- Must hold Safety and Quality as a value and be an advocate for Safe behaviour in others
- Must be Experienced in equipment operation, preferable in a medium/high speed packaging or processing environment
- Practical Mechanical experience in a similar production environment desirable
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodologies (TPM, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, Kan Ban) desirable
- Basic computer literacy or practical Human Machine Interface (HMI) experience desirable
- SAP or other MRP experience advantageous
- Forklift truck experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills and team working ability.
- Must be able to work calmly in challenging situations
WHAT WE OFFER
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us