Who we are?
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Lipton, Dove, Lynx, Omo, Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
Digital and the growth of digital commerce is changing how Unilever operates and engages with the consumer. In the 1980’s Unilever was at the forefront of the media revolution in print advertising, in TV in the 1960s, and radio in the 1930s. Now we intend to trailblaze in the digital revolution. Over the last three years we have built a team of digital specialists to drive pioneering thinking, embed new ways of working, and continually test & learn, we call this the Digital Hub.
We are looking for a Digital & Data Manager to join our Digital Hub team based in Sydney, Australia. Reporting to the Media and Hub Director, the Digital & Data Manager is a critical member of the Digital Hub team and responsible for partnering with & empowering our brand teams to deliver digital first, data led activities focused on capturing potential consumers, improving their digital experience with our brands and moving them through to purchase by making our brands effortless to buy. This will be done by driving best practice thinking and execution across the digital ecosystem, leveraging the Unilever technology stack, defining and executing Unilever ANZ data strategy and embedding new ways of working. The Digital & Data Manager will coach our marketing teams and execute digital & data activities. An engaging & inspiring leader the Digital & Data manager will partner with internal stakeholders (Digi Hub, CEC, Webmaster, DComm) & external stakeholders (agency partners) and manage the Digital Audience specialist to execute across the complete digital eco-system.
- Work collaboratively with Media, Brand, eComm, and Category to execute the optimal digital strategy for each of our brands incl. brand.com, owned social, data and media.
- Partner with Marketing teams as the Digital and Data lead to embed Frontline thinking into ways of working and drive this thinking into the execution of brand plans.
- Leadership of Performance Media, partnering with Media, Brand teams and DComm ensuring Unilever brands convert awareness through to sales online on our customers sites.
- Leading the initiative to make our brands effortless to buy via Shoppable Media & Where to buy functionality on our websites
- Leadership and Implementation of Data Strategy defining Data Collection & Leverage to benefit total Unilever ANZ.
- Identification and leadership of Data-drive marketing campaigns including the collection and leverage of First Party Data and the building of 2nd & 3rd party data partnerships
- Partnering with Internal & External stakeholders to lead Organic & Paid Social & Search Best Practice
- ANZ leadership of MarTech & AdTech partnerships
- Champion and share executional excellence incl. adoption & implementation of global capabilities & best practice in digital, data, web
- Champion Unilever’s ‘Get on the Frontline’ thinking
- Work collaboratively with Media, eComm, and Category to execute the optimal digital strategy for each of our brands.
- Work with Unilever external agencies and suppliers such as Ratings and Review agencies, PR agencies, U-Studios, Creative agencies, Media agency and key digital suppliers.
What you will bring
- 7+ years’ experience in digital media, social, performance, web, data and technology, gained in a leading digital/media agency, advertiser, or global digital platform.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand and articulate customer needs in business and more technical vocabulary, e.g., to convert a Marketer’s request into a stimulating digital brief.
- Strong influencing skills with demonstrated ability to lead change through others
- Hands-on experience of digital campaign development and deployment.
- Experience working as or with marketing stakeholders/agencies and an understanding of their likely challenges and information requirement
- Act like an owner – open communication & willing to get in to do the work.
- Experienced project manager, particularly in terms of project planning, forecasting demand and managing human resource accordingly.
- Facilitation and capability building skills. Able to contribute to a significant change programme.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and working capability.
- Organisational change-agent mind-set
- Agile and Scrum experience is a plus
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organisation. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on ANZ.email@example.com.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
This means we encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Māori and Pacific Peoples, and people with disabilities. Interested in learning more, check out our Reconciliation Action Plan and Workplace Adjustment Policy on the Unilever webpage.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! We encourage you to advise us at the time of your application if you require any reasonable adjustment so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us