INDUSTRIAL FINANCE CONTROLLER (WL2A)
The Nyirbator Industrial finance controller is part of the Site Leadership Team in one of the most strategically important sites in Unilever’s Home Care Network. The role is responsible for providing financial business partnering & controllership support for the factory located in Nyirbator Hungary.
Responsible for in-year performance and site strategic development together with the site leadership team. Providing decision making support, WCM Cost Deployment leadership & resulting savings delivery.
The role is accountable for keeping compliance of the site to the Unilever control framework. The IFC role is powered by a Country Make expertise team (MET) and shared services teams (SCFS, OC, IBM) on main accounting, controlling and reporting tasks.
The role reports into the HC MAKE Network lead for Europe.
2. WORK SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Budget Planning & Month End Activities
- Business partnering Factory Leadership Team – Operations Managers & Site Services Manager
- Responsible for delivery of in year financial performance (cost/waste/capex), final creation and submission of site forecast & annual business plan.
- Responsible to ensure site on-ground controls are executed (ZBC, inventories, balance sheet)
- Co-creates and co-drives savings agenda with operations and uses available industrial tools as support (WCM foundation, ZBB, benchmarking) including Cost Deployment Management / WCM
- Supports ABC process led by SCFS
- Support decision making for strategic projects with ad hoc data/analysis.
- Drives IFRS 16 controls
- Besides SU related activities 10-20% time in this role covers cross network activities including the HC SU CAPEX strategy amongst others
3. RESOURCE TO BE MANAGED UNDER POSITIONS AUTHORITY
- One direct reporting collegue, managing invoicing and operative tasks
4. SCOPE OF ROLE
- Site perimeter, Business Waste, Inbound & Primary Transport Waste
- EU HC Finance – Daily / Weekly / Monthly
- MCO Marketing Finance and SC Finance
- MET re Sundry Sales Invoices, Journals, Asset Processes
- Implements processes / best practices as defined by Make capabilities team
- SCFS Costing Team – Quarterly Reviews
- Optimises available shared resources (Industrial finance FET/ OC/ SCFS).
- Actively interacts with site leadership team and operations on performance, controls and decisions.
- Category SC VP
- Category Finance / Planning Teams
- Category Innovation/Capex Teams
6. PERSONAL PROFILE
- Professional qualifications and experience: Finance Qualification Equivalent to CIMA/business degree, fluent in English and Hungarian language skill is an advantage
- Skills Overview: analytics, driving performance, stakeholder management, collaboration, decision making
- Standards of Leadership: bias for action, accountability & responsibility, ability to present effectively to senior leaders in the organization and to flex the communication style depending on the audience.
- Mobility requirements: Role to be Nyirbator based but remote work is possible for several days a week
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us