Main Job Purpose:
The Environmental Compliance Leader is part of the SSHE European Central team and has overall responsibility for environmental reporting and compliance progress in Europe. This includes Management System improvement activities to achieve excellence at all manufacturing sites in the geography, including newly acquired businesses with support of Europe SSHE leadership team.
The Leader works across the organization to deliver support to SSHE community through communication, onboarding development and implementation and improved work processes to help clients across the businesses excel in Environmental performance.
Environmental reporting & compliance
- Monitor European manufacturing environmental performance, working closely with Site and Country/Regional SHE colleagues
- Monthly data checks and analytics, consolidation of ENV reporting
- Annual ENV reporting validation for external publishing
- Sharing of consolidated Performance decks with respective BUs and full European performance with the Global and European SHE leadership
- Monitor ENV compliance of Unilever sites externally (ENV legal framework) and internally (Unilever Framework Standards and programs, e.g., 0 NHWTL).
- Drive management system improvements and systems support
- Support PWC audit process
- Coordinate external ENV auditing
UMS Environmental pillar
- Member of UMS ENV working group
- Communications to ENV/SHE community
- Support through pilot and roll out stages of the strategy
European SHE onboarding program
- Key member of the working group
- Continuous improvement of material
Communications for SHE Europe
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Improving reliability of data communications
- Building community of practice, including through regular ENV newsletter
Build relationship with key stakeholders
- Play a proactive role within the management team to reach business ENV objectives
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- 5 years experiences in corporate environment
- A minimum of 2 years in a SHE and/or ENV and/or Sustainability role
- Degree in Environmental Management is preferred.
- Proven track record of strategic analysis, lateral thinking, business process improvement and virtual team leadership.
- Action oriented to drive projects and improve KPIs reporting.
- Being able to identify an opportunity for improving an obstacle / bottleneck, create a plan to resolution.
- Ability to hold teams and peers accountable for delivering results, project management.
Travel within geography occasionally
What we offer:
- Depending on what EE country you are applying from, our full package might differ. In case of your application our local Talent Partner will discuss this topic with you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us