Location of Job: Raeford NC
These are direct hires, full time position with a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit sharing, Tuition/Fitness reimbursement, Paid leaves, Hourly Bonus payouts, etc.)
Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable)
Onsite Company store for product purchases
Uniforms and PPE provided by the company
COVID protocol/guidelines enforced
Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever – Raeford, we believe in developing talent and leading through our autonomous ways of working. As one team, we will achieve endless possibilities! The Raeford facility is a world-class personal care manufacturing site, utilizing digital tools to be a lighthouse factory globally.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Understand interaction of equipment and systems, to improve outputs, interpret data (SPC, graphs, charts, OEE), identify problems (5-Why Analysis, PDCA Cycle), and formulate proper decisions.
- Understand WCM principles and demonstrate a commitment to those principles.
- Utilize computer software to communicate, analyze, and document WCM activities and develop training materials including SAP, Informance reporting, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Weever Apps.
- Perform AM support activities such as CIL-R, audits of line equipment, manage and maintain calendars and standard documents utilizing the Weever Digital Inspection tool.
- Perform PM support activities including breakdown mapping, breakdown analysis tracking, and PM optimization utilizing the Weever Digital Inspection tool.
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment, including fillers, labelers, and case packers, with a demonstrated understanding of common downtime reasons.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Interact effectively with all organizational levels including WCM staff at other Unilever sites, educational professionals, and equipment suppliers.
- Motivate, energize, and foster team activities and relationships.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Plan and schedule WCM activities to include CIL-R/PM work orders, improvement projects, etc.
- Communicate with support areas (management, engineering, maintenance, scheduling, etc.) to establish status and schedule of activities to secure appropriate support and ensure successful execution of tasks.
- Market and promote WCM.
- Assist in the training of teammates on WCM principles.
- Coach individuals regarding WCM methods and act as WCM resource to departments.
- Routinely lead teammates during small group activities
- Distribute scheduled WCM work and/or activities to employees per established WCM standards and/or initiatives.
- Monitor progress and performance to establish improvement of processes while maintaining or exceeding established safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
- Assist in development and maintenance of documentation to support and promote WCM initiative. This includes development and maintenance of data
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (REQUIRED)
- A minimum 2+ year’s prior industrial maintenance OR an Associate Degree in Maintenance (or within 6 months of graduation with a Maintenance degree)
- May lift over 5 pounds but under 50 pounds 15 to 40% of time worked
- Use of common hand and power tools, product filler, valve inserters, cappers, gluers, labelers, gassers, carton formers, drop loaders, conveyors, scales, and measuring devices
- Able to use as appropriate SAP, Capture Data Collection Program, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us