Job Title: Associate Customer Business Manager – Walmart Foods
Location: Rogers, AR
Background & Purpose of the Job
The position will support the Customer Business Manager on the Walmart Team. This position and the Customer Business Manager are responsible for delivering a strategic growth plan, spanning multiple categories and buyers at Walmart. Working cross-functionally, this position will assist in developing and delivering the growth plan which encompasses product assortment, promotions, pricing strategy, shopper marketing activations, category management, and shopper insight driven actions. In addition to delivering the growth plan, this position will own all routine and proactive analysis of current business trends, which includes identifying future opportunities and minimizing potential risks to the existing business. The position will require proficient skills in managing Walmart’s Retail Link system, Atlas, IRI, Numerator and Unilever SASS reporting system. The position will involve customer service follow up to ensure service level goals are met. Significant interaction with the customer and Unilever Category and Customer Development is required.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- The position will require timely communication and in-depth analytical support focused on business solutions. The person is expected to have a strong working knowledge of reporting systems and demonstrate the ability to capture information to incorporate into insight-based selling stories, via Excel and PowerPoint, providing regular business updates and bringing new opportunities and insights to the Customer Business Manager.
- Oversee the Sales forecast internally and externally through portfolio management, partner with X-functional team to meet operational targets such as turnover, category growth, margin, and competitive share growth.
- This position will require an intense understanding and use of Walmart’s Retail Link system; analyzing pricing, dollar and unit volume trends, promotions, shopper marketing activations, and new item performance.
- This position will assist in customer administration, which includes completing customer new item merchandising forms and contracts accurately and on a timely basis to ensure compliance with Unilever audit procedures.
- This position will require the ability to retrieve and analyze IRI data along with securing other competitive, category and shopper insight data, then provide professional presentations pertaining to brand and category trends (to include market share and distribution/ranking reports).
- This position will require regular interaction owning a relationship directly with Walmart staff on a weekly basis. Strong understanding of Walmart’s Go to Market strategy, strong communication, and a customer-focused mindset are critical to servicing the customer in this role.
- This position will also have customer-facing ownership of the Knorr Sabor business, leading the strategy and execution to accelerate growth with the Hispanic shopper and grow our business in the Hispanic aisle at Walmart
You’re a born leader: At Unilever, everyone has a responsibility to take the lead, and everyone has an opportunity to make a difference. Leadership is about impact and behavior, not job titles and work levels – it is everyone’s business, not just manager’s business
You’re a dot connector: Seeks to understand broader business goals and plans and ensures that goals/plans in own unit/location are not in conflict; shares best practices.
You’re a changemaker: Focuses effort on continuous improvement, work simplification, and the elimination of non value-added work.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3+ years experience in CPG or Retail Industry. Customer management, customer service or finance background is a plus
Computer skills required: Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Computer skills preferred: Familiarity with IRI, Nielsen, Numerator, Walmart’s Retail Link, Atlas
- Strong written and verbal communication is a must
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence is a must
Breakthrough Thinking - The position will require initiative on the part of the person to work independently and deliver results
Problem Solving - Will need to exercise good judgment and routinely make decisions to support the day to day business
Organizational Awareness - Will need to interact with many different levels of the organization in order to solve problems and gather information for decision making
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us