Background & Purpose of the JobAs a International and Strategy Leader for Walmart, you will be responsible for helping set the vision & strategy for Walmart’s, shaping our Joint Sustainability partnership and international partnership with Walmart. This highly collaborative role is designed to be a blend of brand strategy and business ownership that drives profitable growth & equity of Unilever brands at Walmart. You will be expected to understand and articulate industry insights, business results & investment needs. Strong leadership, communication and influence skills are a must in this high exposure role.
iTO of $200M+ annually driven through these initiatives + market share growth.
Long Range Planning Process
- Collaboration lead on 36+ Month planning horizon – includes managing deliverables, process, Kick Off, Timelines, internal & customer engagements etc.
- Own cross functional partnerships to mine capabilities and alignment with customer roadmap
- Help orchestrate and manage new category initiatives or cross box Initiatives. Category Initiatives led by Category CBM’s aligned with Design for Customer Lead for potential scale beyond category and for broader marketing strategy integration.
- Clear identification and strategic approach to extending existing local/global brands into select categories and spaces. Mine current global brands for customer fit & opportunity.
Drive customer partnership, engagement and workstreams with Walmart by cultivating joint partnership spaces that provide mutual benefit and growth by collaborating with both the sustainability & merchandising teams.
Help navigate and input into Unilever sustainability teams on key strategic partnership areas and engagement opportunities for Walmart regen roadmap.
Share and optimize best practices across 7 markets by partnering with sales leads in each country and help them by accelerating their Walmart partnerships in market.
Partner with Walmart & Sams on key market growth acceleration plans, QBR scorecard deliverables
What You’ll Do
- Lead, coach, and develop an extended cross functional team
- Build outstanding customer relationships and strategic partnerships through ASP
- Use Shopper and Category Insights and trends to understand and leverage new opportunities for growth as the path to purchase evolves
- Marshall all of Unilever’s resources to enable collaboration and growth with Walmart
- Deliver Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan by selling with purpose to reach Shoppers
Who You Are
- You’re a Changemaker: You identify, influence, and mobilize transformation at scale
- You’re an Operator: You lead with a general manager’s mindset and know what it takes to execute brilliantly
- You’re a paradox navigator: Manage complex sales structure involving multi-layered approach including several tiers of customer interaction; Develop cross functional strategic relationships with key customer leaders
- You’re an Innovator: You are naturally curious and use design-thinking to invent new revenue streams
- You’re a born leader: Develop and deliver joint business planning initiatives with customers, constantly optimizing the P&L, creating value and finding truly sustainable mutual ground through active JBP management
- You’re a master negotiator: A skilled negotiator that sets the example to successfully navigate and influence senior leadership at the customer independently, effectively getting to resolution.
KPI’s and Dimensions
- Annual iTO delivered through top initiatives
- Subsequent year 2 iTO maintenance and continued growth
- Market share growth
- Fully integrate into Customer & CCBT ways of working within 6 months
- Prioritized, customer first and curated approach to funnel development and expansion
- Ambitious yet realistic view of P&L attractiveness and shape over quarters – extreme clarity and alignment of initiative objectives and goals
- Customer: Merchandising VP, DMM, Director’s and merchants along with roles of similar scope across Digital, Marketing and Product Development Teams at Walmart
- Unilever: Head of Country, BU Heads, VPs, Customer Business Managers, Cross Functional HQ based Team, Shopper team, Insights team, Category Management team, Finance
- Global Innovation and Category Team Stakeholders
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred.
- Rogers Arkansas based role
- 10+ years experience as demonstrated leader with both field and HQ experience
- Strong ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization – multiple external and internal stakeholder management
- Ability to create and clearly articulate growth plans. This executive should have proven experience thinking “out of the box” to develop target markets and segments using multiple channels
- Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization. Experience setting and also rallying different stakeholders behind the established vision; ability to liaise with regional teams at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation plans across many areas. Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization
- Create a clear view of the future state, helping others understand and feel how things will be different when this is achieved. Have a practical know-how, demonstrating results orientation while empowering and holding the team accountable for results.
- Strong Bias for action to drive through change with multiple markets /stakeholders
Relevant Experiences Specify ’E’ (essential) or ‘D’ (desirable) Degree (or equivalent) qualified (D)
- Customer facing Sr. Level Engagement (E)
- Experience in Beauty & Wellness, Personal Care, and Foods (E)
- Experience working across multiple business teams and balancing multiple priorities (E)
- Creation of customer/channel strategy and experience in driving through to action (E)
- Leading edge digital activation and digital first launch and commerce mindset (D)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Pay: The pay range for this position is $200,600 to $300,000. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us