The plant-based market is growing rapidly! Consumers are increasingly looking for plant-based meat products, driven by concerns about animal welfare, environmental impact of meat, and health. The Vegetarian Butcher has the ambition to drive this trend with its broad range of high-quality meat replacers created for meat lovers. Since the acquisition by Unilever in 2019, the company is scaling up fast. In this journey at exponential pace, we are looking for an intern who has the passion to change the world!
What are we looking for?
•You are passionate about the mission of The Vegetarian Butcher and highly motivated to contribute to our growth;
•You have a proactive attitude;
•Knowledge about the functionality of the ingredients and the basic sensory evaluation is a must;
• Familiarity with meat analogs is preferred.
Your main tasks will be:
You will do an internship in the Research & Development department and during your internship you will be occupied with, among other things:
• Scope literature for possible formulation and processing solutions;
• Prepare lab samples for physico-chemical and sensorial analysis;
• Perform analytical and sensorial tests, analyze the data and reporting results;
• Support the product developers/process technologists for lab/factory trials.
What we offer:
• An internship allowance of € 500,- gross per month
• A travel allowance if you don’t have a student travel card
• An exciting internship program with your fellow interns, such as an onboarding event and fun (virtual) activities
• The possibility to develop your personal and business skills via our extensive range of training programmes
• You will become a full member of our Research and Development team and get responsibility from day one
• A great opportunity to gain work experience in a fast-moving, company and a unique chance to get a look behind the scenes at both The Vegetarian Butcher and Unilever
What we ask:
• You are available for 5 to 6 months from September 2023 (at least 32 hours a week);
• You are enrolled at a university preferably studying in the Food Science sector;
• Communication in Dutch and English.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us