Brand Lead Monsavon – Elida Beauty
Work Location – Paris, France
Work Level – WL2
Job Type – Full Time
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We are re-founding iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were the first time around. Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with top-quality products at great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers, and suppliers, we are able to unleash the true potential of our already loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way’. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues and the planet alike.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced brand communication and activation professional to lead the Monsavon brand for the Elida Beauty business. This role reports into the Head of Marketing CE, with line management responsibility for 2 direct reports. The job will require working with multiple partners, including our Digital Hub, along with functions across the wider team.
Monsavon is a brand that has a rich heritage and a strong equity in France. It plays across 2 different complex categories, with a more premium bio offering alongside its core value proposition. It is perceived as one of our most key bets for the growth of our Elida Beauty, with an ambitious growth plan for the years to come, supported by a high expectation toward its innovations.
Exciting and fast-paced, this will be a busy and dynamic environment where you will be expected to work collectively with teams across the business to unlock the power of our brands for both consumers and the customer. This is a wide encompassing role that spans the full marketing spectrum, with the brand teams responsible for brand positioning and strategy, communication and campaign development, audience definition and media planning through to in-market activation and retailer sell in. A passion for consumer understanding will be key, as we seek to lead with emotionally connecting communication and insightful functional product performance. You will need to work particularly closely with commercial, finance, and supply chain teams internally as well as external agency partners, balancing short term growth and delivering against forecasts, against longer term strategic thinking.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Brand Strategy and Positioning: Ensuring that Monsavon has a clear purpose, vision, and personality vs. the external competitive set. You will take the lead on working with the commercial teams to ensure that we bring this to life for the retailer.
- Insight into Action: Together with the consumer insight lead and analytics managers, you will identify a bank of clear pain points and tensions that consumers face or needs that they express in the deodorant and skin cleansing categories, and leverage them to build your innovation funnel.
- Audience and Communication Strategy: Working closely with media and digital hub partners you will ensure both brands have clearly articulated and distinct target audience, mapped against the portfolio identified consumer online personae and user journeys. Using this audience data you will create a clear media comms and channel strategy to inform content development.
- Innovation roadmap: With the help of the global innovation engine teams, you will land NPDs, renovations and NRM specific projects that will drive growth and be GM accretive to the brand and the portfolio.
- Campaign Development and Activation: Gathering insights from a range of sources, including retailer and commercial inputs, you will work with the digital hub or other agencies to create engaging and cut through campaigns, activations and creative assets that bring the brands’ purpose and personality to life. Overseeing the media planning and execution for these brands in France will be a key part of the role.
- Performance and Analytics: Together with the consumer insight lead you will ensure that all brand activity is measurable, tracked and that learnings are put into action.
- Financial forecasting and planning: You will need to own the brand P&L, ensuring that marketing planning is seamlessly linking communication/activation to sales forecasts. To support this, you will be required to build business cases where necessary, manage brand marketing investment to approved budgets and phasing, and identify potential opportunities for profit enhancement.
- Export & International Expansion: You will work with selected partners (UI or distributors) to help the brands thrive internationally in strategic aligned locations and channels.
- Retailer Planning and Activation: Working together with shopper marketing, consumer insight and commercial teams you will ensure that brand plans are considering, incorporating, and delivering against retailer feedback and strategy to ensure brilliant in-store and eCommerce execution. This will include thinking through NPD sell in and how this contributes to the wider category, presenting directly to customers where required.
We are looking for team players who bring…
- 2+ year in management role in FMCG.
- A sound understanding of the importance of consumer insight and how this translates into marketing strategy, planning, and execution.
- Experience in end of end innovation and communications development and testing, as well as media planning and execution in market.
- Strong working knowledge of the digital landscape with detailed knowledge of social media and/or search planning, buying and measurement (although they do not necessarily need to be a technical expert).
- Experience in planning and/or executing media strategies and plans.
- The ability to manage the P&L for brand(s) with an aptitude for working on tight budgets, and identifying measurement and ROI through available data points
- A demonstrable understanding of how to interpret brand tracking measures and develop suitable comms plans that span across sales funnel (awareness, engagement, conversion).
- Clear understanding of the French retail mass market, with experience linking communication planning to in-store activation and exciting the customer. This should include a commercial understanding of promotional planning, pricing, listing and shelf space, as well as innovation sell in and working to retail calendars.
- Proven experience of prioritizing and organizing work across projects in a busy, dynamic working environment.
- Experience in managing people to deliver across external agencies/consultants, as well as internal cross functional teams including sales, shopper marketing, finance, and supply chain.
Advantageous but not essential…
- Experience in performance marketing
- Experience working on beauty categories
- Experience working in small to medium size businesses
Who you are…
- Speaking French (fluent / native) and English
- Glass half full. You will be a positive solution finder, who is driven, curious, and bold. But also honest and empathetic – this is a team orientated environment where everyone has a voice and you must be willing to listen to different points of view.
- Excited to push boundaries, consistently looking to find new ways to grow the brands in your stable, while remaining pragmatic, and focused on real results in market.
- Inclusive and motivated, who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Passionate about understanding consumer behavior and creating brands that have meaning to their audience.
- Pragmatic and flexible, with the ability to find creative solutions within tight budgets.
- Confident in your own abilities – natural leader who enjoys a dynamic fast paced environment, with high levels of responsibility and autonomy. (This is not limited to one personality type)
To ensure that your personal creativity helps to unlock our potential, we will upskill and reskill you. We will develop leading-edge digital marketing skills and best-in-class teamworking capabilities.
Most importantly, we will give you the autonomy to use them like a ‘founder’. We will help you to think like a CEO so that we all focus on delivering our Purpose and so you drive growth as you develop. Imagine how good we will feel when we see that our creativity reignites growth in the business because consumers embrace our new ideas.
Better for our consumers, better for the world and better for each of us
The way we manufacture, package and distribute our products will be better for everyone and for the planet. We will bring a new meaning to diversity and inclusion by providing access to beauty products that suit every kind of skin and hair.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and you are eligible to apply for new internal opportunities.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us