Work Location Paris
Job Type Full Time
Travel Considerable – client sites and EB offices
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We are re-found iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were first time around.
Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with our top-quality products at a great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers and suppliers we are able to unleash the true potential of our loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way’. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues and the planet alike.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to develop and execute with our customers the customer strategy and customer business plan. To drive the growth and profitability agenda within Elida Beauty.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and Develop the relationship with the distributors and customers globally
- Develop, implement and optimize the customer strategy
- Agree a joint customer business plan in order to meet business objectives
- Deliver, monitor and review the plan
- Provide customer and channel understanding
- Manage the customer P&L for the respective categories
- Negotiate trade terms and trade funding
- Manage customer operations
- Work in close collaboration with the Category Managers for the category input, and with customer marketing for the banner/channel plan
Your Key Tasks:
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with the trade
- Develop & lead your Customer Business Plan implementation
- Drive annual negotiations and promotional plans with your customers
- Ensure effective use of trade spend with your customers
- Drive & monitor Perfect Store execution KPI.
- Manage and negotiate pricing with the trade.
- Evaluate implementation of promotional & merchandising activities
- Lead key competitor analysis in the region.
- Input into the S&OP process including forecasting.
- Work closely with Customer Service to improve performance
- Source and analyse secondary sales data in order to maximise opportunities (if relevant)
- Source, select and manage 3rd party sales agents (if required).
- Monitor Customer Performance by tracking customer contribution and market share for major categories
- Act as active ambassador of Unilever at the customer and of the customer at Unilever
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- General Manager Central Europe
- Commercial Director CE
- All Elida Beauty teams and colleages
- Supply chain team.
- Supply chain team.
- Customers: including GTM distribution partners
- Marketing/communication agencies (if applicable)
- 3rd Party merchandisers
Skills and Experience
- Commercial degree, preferably in sales and marketing.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Sales & Marketing with 3 years’ experience in KAM manager role.
- Proven track record of delivery topline and bottom-line results.
- Leadership experience
- Business development/sales management experience
Nice to have:
- B2B experience- Beauty and Personal Care
- CCD / Shopper Marketing Experience
- Experience and a great understanding of the Beauty and Personal Care world
Professional Knowledge/Skill Requirements:
- Functional and technical knowledge
- Sales: Strong communication and negotiation skills
- P&L – financial acumen
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Synthesis of data and insight
- Crisis management skills
- Language Requirements: English / French
Nice to have:
- Digital marketing/ demand creation – EG: Running online digital campaigns.
- E-Comm sales – listing and driving online sales through e-com partners EG: Amazon
- Additional languages are a plus
Who we are looking for
Soft Skills and Leadership:
- Leadership – ability to enable, envision, energize direct and indirect team – and drive for results
- Bias for action, drive for results
- Global networking and influencing
- Confidence and fearlessness to take decisions, exercise autonomy.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Organizationally and analytically strong
- High level of resilience and problem solving.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- A dot connector.
- Curiosity: A customer centric mindset.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Relevant values, drivers for this role
- Performance and growth mindset
- Agility to thrive in a VUCA world
- Flexibility to drive change
- Transparency and openness
To ensure that your personal creativity helps to unlock our potential, we will upskill and reskill you. We will develop leading-edge digital marketing skills and best-in-class teamworking capabilities.
Most importantly, we will give you the autonomy to use them like a ‘founder’. We will help you to think like a CEO so that we all focus on delivering our Purpose and so you drive growth as you develop. Imagine how good we will feel when we see that our creativity reignites growth in the business because consumers embrace our new ideas.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and you are eligible to apply for new internal opportunities.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us