Background & Purpose of the Job
The Project Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of the site capital projects. These projects will encompass a wide range from safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, capacity, Innovation, and equipment improvements. Also, the incumbent will provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities. This role reports to Site Engineering Lead.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Work to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the relevant Engineering Lead.
- Ensure professional project execution with strong stakeholder engagement along with a high level of communication to multiple levels of the organization.
- Support Engineering Lead to check feasibility of capex projects working collaboratively with Quality, Safety, Manufacturing, Marketing, R+D and plant personnel to clarify the brief, understand work scope, estimate costs and create viable timelines.
- Work with internal UL Engineering teams and 3rd parties to develop Concept, FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need inputting local requirements and constraints as required.
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule.
- Execute the project ensuring adherence to schedule, budget. Manage site construction, contractors, and OEM’s ensuring Unilever Construction Safety Standards are applied.
- Assist factory with non-capital improvements identifying enhancements in ways of working to improve line or infrastructure efficiencies.
- Ensure EEM, PHA, Aontu and Marlin activities are fulfilled.
You're a born leader: Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for cost estimating, analyzing options, building business cases, critiquing designs, managing construction, installation, commissioning, and handover with minimal supervision. As a member of the factory leadership team, you will be expected to lead other activities in our safety, quality, and continuous improvement programs.
- You're a dot connector: Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, continuous improvement, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on process and utilities issues.
- You're a culture and change champion: You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best Value without compromising any Values. The Project Engineer is a leader in this transformation while living our core values (Unilever Sustainable Living Plan).
Key Interfaces: Category and Global Engineering Managers and Engineers; Procurement; Factory Supply Chain Managers and Supervisors; Internal Unilever Subject Matter Experts; 3rd Party Engineering Service Providers; General Contractors; OEM’s, Quality, Safety, WCM
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Education: BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other engineering degree.
- Experience: 0 - 10 Years of Engineering in FMCG, related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management, maintenance, or continuous improvement experience with food processing and/or utilities systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- First-hand experience delivering major capital projects ($2+ million) within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
- Experience: 5+ Years of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us